Stage collapses at concert in Canada...

Just Jack

it's pretty sad that this happened...

...but why is Cheap Trick at a Blues Fest???? I love Cheap Trick...but, blues???

Look at some of the acts mentioned in that story. My guess is the event is sponsored by Labatt.

it's pretty sad that this happened...

...but why is Cheap Trick at a Blues Fest???? I love Cheap Trick...but, blues???

Let the board Ottawan fill you in...

When the festival first started it was strictly a blues festival with blues musicians and some jazz sprinkled in. Unfortunately, that didn't do so well, so the festival started peppering itself with some bigger 'names' that were fringe "bluesy" and that was met with some success. Slowly but surely, more rock, pop, and hip-hop acts starting appearing and over the course of a few years, "Bluesfest" became more about a gigantic two-week music festival than about the blues. Blues still has a play there, but it's relegated to the side stages.

"Bluesfest" is still the name but now everything is blue in color for marketing purposes.

P.S. Cheap Trick was awesome until God decided He'd had enough of their licks and brought down the pain.

always been a huge Cheap Trick fan, had the pleasure of meeting them several times when i worked at a club in syracuse that they would play fairly regularly...rich neilson was always a really nice guy and always took the time to stop and chat with people...

Let the board Ottawan fill you in...

When the festival first started it was strictly a blues festival with blues musicians and some jazz sprinkled in. Unfortunately, that didn't do so well, so the festival started peppering itself with some bigger 'names' that were fringe "bluesy" and that was met with some success. Slowly but surely, more rock, pop, and hip-hop acts starting appearing and over the course of a few years, "Bluesfest" became more about a gigantic two-week music festival than about the blues. Blues still has a play there, but it's relegated to the side stages.

"Bluesfest" is still the name but now everything is blue in color for marketing purposes.

P.S. Cheap Trick was awesome until God decided He'd had enough of their licks and brought down the pain.

always been a huge Cheap Trick fan, had the pleasure of meeting them several times when i worked at a club in syracuse that they would play fairly regularly...rich neilson was always a really nice guy and always took the time to stop and chat with people...

Name dropper!