New collective bargaining agreement

Trader

I wonder if the new agreement will have an effect on Wilson's position that he will own the team until his demise? The Bills did not spend to the cap for the past several years. The new agreement is rumored to require teams to maintain a high level of cash to the cap. If Wilson does not like this deal he may elect to bail out early. Also keep in mind that team revenues are expected to climb considerably during the next few years. The Bills estimated franchise value decreased by over 100 million as recently reported.

Do you think he will bail out if he does not like the deal?

I wonder if the new agreement will have an effect on Wilson's position that he will own the team until his demise? The Bills did not spend to the cap for the past several years. The new agreement is rumored to require teams to maintain a high level of cash to the cap. If Wilson does not like this deal he may elect to bail out early. Also keep in mind that team revenues are expected to climb considerably during the next few years. The Bills estimated franchise value decreased by over 100 million as recently reported.

Few teams did.

Whether he likes the bailout or not economically will probably pale as a driver for his decision-making to his estimation of the legacy he wants to leave and how he will be remembered once he is gone.

In the big picture, the only facts are these:

1. No one gets out of here alive.

2. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

The bottomline I think is that any calculation as to whether this deal is good or bad economically for Mr. Ralph is likely to pale in significance to other considerations which none of us outside his head and heart can calculate.

Spending to the cap is DUMB since you always have unexpected expenses later in season - you need to replace players who are injured, mid year cuts and replacements, jailed players who have to be replaced, negotiations mid-season, 24 inches of snow which requires 24 hour crews for multiple days to cleanup, etc.

Spending to the cap is DUMB since you always have unexpected expenses later in season - you need to replace players who are injured, mid year cuts and replacements, jailed players who have to be replaced, negotiations mid-season, 24 inches of snow which requires 24 hour crews for multiple days to cleanup, etc.

That's why its at 90% and when we were winning we were over the cap. I hope he sells the team to someone who can make us a winner but he will never sell until he dies and he better have a contingency plan or he will be hated forever.