What do you Angelinos have planned for the weekend?

Beerball

I am laughing at the panic. In the SF Bay area they closed down the Bay Bridge for Labor Day Weekend twice to reroute the traffic to accommodate the building of the new bridge. They had to demolish a part and slide in a new section into place. The detour was about 40-50 miles. People adapted and the traffic wasn't bad.

My only time in LA I made it from LAX to NBC in 45 minutes taking this route on a Friday morning. It was busy but not backed up. They will be surprised how well people adapt.

In San Diego, we have those "Alert" signs warning us about the 405 closure. Stay away, it isn't that hard. People are fascinated about some of the huge traffic jams in L.A. What I find equally fascinating is how many cars travel over the freeways without a traffic jam. Friday afternoons on the 405 are the worst. Leave early or leave late otherwise, have your sanity tested. Emergency vehicles are going to have a tough time.

Edited by Spun

I am laughing at the panic. In the SF Bay area they closed down the Bay Bridge for Labor Day Weekend twice to reroute the traffic to accommodate the building of the new bridge. They had to demolish a part and slide in a new section into place. The detour was about 40-50 miles. People adapted and the traffic wasn't bad.

My only time in LA I made it from LAX to NBC in 45 minutes taking this route on a Friday morning. It was busy but not backed up. They will be surprised how well people adapt.

I had to make several trips today between Santa Monica and the valley -- the freeways were wide open. People left town, more people will stay inside. Call me crazy but I think this weekend will be pretty free of traffic. I plan on braving it.