Talk about home town Bias.....

mtdoak

The Bills are hot. They've averaged 38.5 points in their last four games, all victories. They have the league's No. 3-ranked defense.

But Buffalo is not any better than the Bengals. The teams are similar, and the difference today looks to be the Bengals' 12th man - their home-field advantage at Paul Brown Stadium. Buffalo has won two road games in a row after starting 0-4 away from home.

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Buffalo is ranked fourth against the pass (177.1 yards), and safety Troy Vincent, who spurned the Bengals in free agency, adds another playmaker. The loss of strong safety Rogers Beckett (doubtful, neck) hurts the Bengals' run defense. There's no drop-off with rookie Keiwan Ratliff at corner in place of injured Deltha O'Neal.

Edge: Bengals

This is my favorite: We have two injuries to our starters, Buffalo has the 4th ranked pass defense....but in fact, Cincinatti is better.

COACHES

Credit rookie coach Mularkey for rallying his team from an 0-4 start. But he has a lot more help internally and inherited a much stronger roster than Marvin Lewis.

Lewis has hoisted an entire organization onto his shoulders and carried it back into the NFL. He just keeps getting better at his job - witness the team's excellent showings the past two weeks in brutally tough road games.

Also, with the performance of his offense against the NFL's best defenses this season, is it too early to mention Bengals coordinator Bob Bratkowski as an NFL head-coaching candidate?

Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese is an offensive coordinator-in-waiting, here or elsewhere in the league.

Alot more help internally?? What the hell does that mean. Wait, he's saying that Buffalo has a "much stronger roster". But, Buffalo is "not any better than the bengals"?????

I'll give them credit against Baltimore (#6 overall D), even though they packed it in after the half. But New England secondary is banged up beyond belief, and they are the 10th ranked defense, #17 against the pass. I think that Cincy is in for a big suprise today, facing the #3 defense in the league.

Most of these matchups are very obvious, but the Offensive line, Coaching staff are at least even. The DBs in Buffalo are better than Cincy's, nuff said.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../412190360/1066

This is my favorite: We have two injuries to our starters, Buffalo has the 4th ranked pass defense....but in fact, Cincinatti is better. 

Alot more help internally?? What the hell does that mean.  Wait, he's saying that Buffalo has a "much stronger roster".  But, Buffalo is "not any better than the bengals"?????

I'll give them credit against Baltimore (#6 overall D), even though they packed it in after the half.  But New England secondary is banged up beyond belief, and they are the 10th ranked defense, #17 against the pass.  I think that Cincy is in for a big suprise today, facing the #3 defense in the league. 

Most of these matchups are very obvious, but the Offensive line, Coaching staff are at least even.  The DBs in Buffalo are better than Cincy's, nuff said. 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../412190360/1066

166034[/snapback]

I liked Ratliff at Florida.....raw talent but man oh man I hope he plays Evans or Moulds...... :w00t:

The Bills' ST's are better than the Bengals'. And comparing offenses to defenses, the Bills have a huge edge there. Also the Bills are great with halftime adjustments. Throw in the Bengals missing starting DE Clemons, DB's O'Neal (who IS better than Ratliff, if only for the fact that he has experience), Beckett, and Braham, and the Bills should win this game. It won't be easy, but I expect a win.

I can give them credit for looking through rose-colored glasses. Everyone thinks that their own team is better than it really is. However, I still don't get the defensive backs comment.

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Buffalo is ranked fourth against the pass (177.1 yards), and safety Troy Vincent, who spurned the Bengals in free agency, adds another playmaker. The loss of strong safety Rogers Beckett (doubtful, neck) hurts the Bengals' run defense. There's no drop-off with rookie Keiwan Ratliff at corner in place of injured Deltha O'Neal.

"We're all injured, but we're still better than the #4 passing defense." :w00t:

Other than that, I can see where they're coming from. Don't necessarily agree, but they're not too far off I don't think.

CW