Put Cookie on the Wall

Pretty sure Ralph would never let it happen. Once the bridge gets burned with RW it seems it is torn down forever. I give it about as much chance happening as the Bills taking a flyer on Tony Washington (which I wonder if some team will make happen this year). Personally I would love for both things to happen.

He deserves to be up there, no question. I hope Ralph is with us for another decade but the sober fact is that no one lives forever. I hope Ralph doesn't decide to take that particular grudge quite literally to the grave. That ornery streak of his cost us the services of Bill Polian. I shudder to think how different things might have been for this franchise if Polian never left the Bills. In Marv's book he briefly mentions talking to Ralph on the plane rid home after the SB about reconsidering "what what we talked about" which was Polian's departure. Ralph gave him the Tom Hagen to Tessio line, "...can't do it Sally..."

I have to disagree. Three years on the team, no matter how great the three years were, does not have the longevity to deserve a spot on the wall. His 3rd season was one of turmoil. Sure, they won the AFL Championship in his final year, but they also won it the next year without him.

I could make a better case for Joe Cribbs, who also played 3 full seasons(minus a 1 game holdout) and parts of 2 others, including a strike shortened 1982, with the Bills and outrushed Cookie 4,445 yards to 3,065, caught 102 more passes and had 908 more receiving yards and scored 1 more TD than Cookie.

I have to disagree. Three years on the team, no matter how great the three years were, does not have the longevity to deserve a spot on the wall. His 3rd season was one of turmoil. Sure, they won the AFL Championship in his final year, but they also won it the next year without him.

I could make a better case for Joe Cribbs, who also played 3 full seasons(minus a 1 game holdout) and parts of 2 others, including a strike shortened 1982, with the Bills and outrushed Cookie 4,445 yards to 3,065, caught 102 more passes and had 908 more receiving yards and scored 1 more TD than Cookie.

Yeah, but Cribbs couldn't punt worth a damn.

GO BILLS!!!

From reading that article it looks like Cookie was carrying the grudge more than anyone else.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree, and I don't think he deserves to be on the Wall because he chose to alienate himself from so many people and it wasn't just Ralph Wilson he had problems with. I wish the other problems wouldn't be overlooked just because of Ralph.

Edited by BmoreBills

In my opinion, if Ralph is going to put personal grudges aside before he leaves this planet then he needs to put Lou Saban up there before anyone else. Cookie did have some issues, he did on occasion put himself before the team, and he wasn't a Bill all that long, but it wouldn't bother me to eventually put him on the wall. After Saban, then Ralph could bury is ego and put Bill Polian's name up there-since there would have been no 4 straight Super Bowls without him putting that team together. There have been several Bills that were "great" for just a couple years like Cookie was, that most people (if not all) wouldn't even put their name in the discussion for having their name on the wall-Paup, Travis Henry, Antwain Smith, Shane Conlan, Steve Freeman, etc., the list could go on and on, of players that made an impact for much longer than Cookie did.

Edited by billsfreak

I'm in this camp as well, though I loved Cookie when I was young. IMO, many others are more worthy.

I also agree with others about Lou and BP -especially since Barber and McGroder are up there.