The Obama-ization of America

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Hundreds-line-up-for-Dallas-County-Rental-Vouchers-125555383.html?commentPage=9#comments

At least eight people were hurt Thursday morning while scrambling to line up for a limited number of Dallas County rental vouchers — after waiting for hours in their cars.

People lined up Thursday morning to apply for Dallas County Section 8 housing vouchers. Dallas County sheriff's spokesman Kim Leach estimated the crowd at about 5,000.

"The office at the Jesse Owens Memorial Complex wasn't supposed to open until 8 a.m., but some applicants started lining up at 10 o'clock Wednesday night"

Hysterical.

And also, sad.

I wonder if, when he was winning in the Olympics, and directly refuting Hitler's master race and statist ideology, Ownes was thinking: "I sure hope that some day black people aren't going to be running to a building with my name on it, merely to glorify the state and their dependence on it. Because otherwise, WTF am I really doing here besides running?"

And, there is nothing racist about this article. There is nothing racist about my comment.

However, as has been observed by others, there is probably something racist about the pattern of threads started by the OP.

I am +1 of the people who are not pleased with this pattern. At some point don't the rules that were applied to Molson_Golden/Conner, also get applied to the OP as well?

The Gimmie-Gimmie-Gimmie and I don't care who's in my way handout mentality started long before Obama came to office. This has been fermenting for decades.

Obama didn't invent it-but he sure has perfected it.

And, there is nothing racist about this article. There is nothing racist about my comment.

However, as has been observed by others, there is probably something racist about the pattern of threads started by the OP.

1)How is it racist when they interviewed a white girl who was there to sign up for rent assistance? You saw a 2 second clip of 20 people running through the night and concluded everyone there was black?

2)Is it my fault if african americans disproportionately benefit from these entitlement programs? We have a 14 trillion dollar deficit but I'm supposed to hold my tongue over entitlement programs because it may sound like I'm bashing african americans? You're falling into the democrats trap of making a permanent and inexorable relationship between african americans and government assistance programs.

Ok, not probably, there is. :thumbsup:

Unlike far too many, I am extremely hesitant to call anyone a racist, on any other -ist, without ample, tangible evidence. Hell, I probably require more than enough.

If you refuse to call people racist, you are too racially conscious and therefore prejudice against people who use the term :devil:

This is a good article on the subject of welfare...

http://mnprager.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/blacks-encouraged-by-government-to-stay-dependent-john-stossel-writes/

Maybe they should lower the minimum wage, cut back on "welfare state" programs, start handing out huge fines for the hiring of illegals (which in turn creates jobs for Americans), create programs targeting the training of a skilled labor force in the inner city, use that labor to build up the cities, incentivize contractors to use this new labor force. That would be a good start.

If you refuse to call people racist, you are too racially conscious and therefore prejudice against people who use the term :devil:

"hesitant" and "refuse to" are vasty diffrent ideas.

All too often the term "racist" is hap-hazardly thrown about with no justification or basis for doing so and is overplayed and hyped up by the liberal media slants and along the way its real meaning has been lost.

"hesitant" and "refuse to" are vasty diffrent ideas.

All too often the term "racist" is hap-hazardly thrown about with no justification or basis for doing so and is overplayed and hyped up by the liberal media slants and along the way its real meaning has been lost.

You racist pig you. :devil:

Obama didn't invent it-but he sure has perfected it.

1)How is it racist when they interviewed a white girl who was there to sign up for rent assistance? You saw a 2 second clip of 20 people running through the night and concluded everyone there was black?

2)Is it my fault if african americans disproportionately benefit from these entitlement programs? We have a 14 trillion dollar deficit but I'm supposed to hold my tongue over entitlement programs because it may sound like I'm bashing african americans? You're falling into the democrats trap of making a permanent and inexorable relationship between african americans and government assistance programs.

No. Actually I am not. I have consistently posted here that the the African American community has been absolutely used and abused for political gain by Democrats. Hell, I have been personally affected by liberal hubris in the educational system and I have posted that here as well. I have even been called racist myself, which is hysterical on so many levels. If any of you actually knew... And for what? Calling out the self-righteous fools here for their arrogance in believing that it is not only their business, but their duty, to "repair" other people's lives? The fact that nobody asked them for their advice or efforts towards inserting themselves in other people's lives is completely lost on them, due to what currently appears to be a problematic estimate of their self-importance...or some other psychological problem. Apparently their mother's never told them about MYOB. Invading other people's lives and telling them how to live is not "compassion". It is the opposite, it is to disregard them as human beings.

Here's the thing: it's not that I don't recognize that problems exist wrt race, it's that I recognize the utter failure of the Democratic party's solutions to them, to the tune of either making them worse, or creating even more problems. We simply cannot continue to accept these failures, in favor of having a Hallmark moment and calling ourselves "enlightened".

However, the difference between you and I is: it's not the only thing I talk about.

Edited by OCinBuffalo