New Favorite Restaurant!!

Having worked in the restaurant business for 15 years (sorta) I completely agree. My ex-wife and I never took our son out to a restaurant till say 5. I thought we had taught him to be restrained enough by then. My best man from my wedding showed up and teased him till he acted out. I was furious at my friend, not my son. He meant well, but was a humiliating experience for both my ex-wife and I.

Oh and do not take your kid to the movies either until they can control themselves at least marginally.

You could just go to Flays for their 3.99 filet lucnhes...no kids under 15! :P

In GA, the smoking rule is: If you choose to allow smoking, then NO ONE under 18 can be let in. Even toddlers with their parents.

Im not a fan of smoking, but most of these places have patios too. I just sit on the patio, avoid the smoke, and no kids. It works well for some restaurants/bars.

Having worked in the restaurant business for 15 years (sorta) I completely agree. My ex-wife and I never took our son out to a restaurant till say 5. I thought we had taught him to be restrained enough by then. My best man from my wedding showed up and teased him till he acted out. I was furious at my friend, not my son. He meant well, but was a humiliating experience for both my ex-wife and I.

Oh and do not take your kid to the movies either until they can control themselves at least marginally.

Its nice to know that there are some parents still out there that are mindful of their kid's behavior. Seems to me that lately most parents just do not care.

Its nice to know that there are some parents still out there that are mindful of their kid's behavior. Seems to me that lately most parents just do not care.

If your kid acts up you can't do any thing to them because someone would turn the parents in for abuse if they grabed them and took them out of the restaurant.

If your kid acts up you can't do any thing to them because someone would turn the parents in for abuse if they grabed them and took them out of the restaurant.

Nope ... I watched a father do this the other day. He did not make a scene ... just gathered up the kid and walked outside. I suppose it is possible that he beat the crap out of the kid when they were out of view .... in truth he seemed like a really good father who knew how to handle the situation.

Nope ... I watched a father do this the other day. He did not make a scene ... just gathered up the kid and walked outside. I suppose it is possible that he beat the crap out of the kid when they were out of view .... in truth he seemed like a really good father who knew how to handle the situation.

Every kid is different. I spanked my son, it did no good and I felt horrible. He just became more defiant. I find he responds best to psychological torture. Know what he loves most and take it away from him.

:devil:

I hope mead was just exaggerating to make a joke, but yeah, this is the correct move.

I dont mind kids, and I dont blame them for crying, theyre kids. But I do blame the parent if they do not do something about the situation immediately. Even if that means taking the kid outside before youre done eating, while the waiter boxes up your meal and gets the check ready. Dont sit there and make the rest of us suffer.

Looks like you saw a good father.