(OT) Madden 2003 for PC Updated Rosters

The Jokeman

I just bought this game and others in the EA Spots 2003 Pack for only $19.95. I downloaded the update. Yet when I started up the game to my surprise the game still has the 2002 rosters. I did a quick web search and found two supposed updated roster files yet I have no idea how to install them as found no directions from the websites (these weren't found at EA.com).

I tried the included PDF (since the game has no real manual)l but there were no real directions and since this game is out of date I can't find anything of substance at EA.com.

I thought all I'd have to do is rename one of the files league and overwrite the game's league file. After doing this, I started up the game and looked promising as I went in the game and it did overwrite rosters (as Troy Vincent was with the Bills) yet when I tried to play an exhibition game instead of playing the game I was kicked back to my desktop. I've tried more then once to the same result.

So my question does anyone have an updated roster file and /or instructions on how to install it?