Trade Rumor

0:) 0:) 0:) No pun intended :D . Shoot I've been trying to trade them spiller for Tebow, this would would be even better. Guys like Tebow only come around once in a lifetime. He may not be the best QB but he has more "IT"than anyone. As much as I want Fitz to succeed getting Tebow for McFumbles is a no brainer. If for some impossibility that he can't play QB he would make a HOF TE which we also need.

What has he done to show he can play TE let alone be a HOF at the position?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there anything that Darius has done in the NFL to be a top three draft pick?

I was also disgusted when we drafted that unproven rookie who is fresh out of college. Why don't we start using our draft picks on proven NFL talent and draft veterans like Ngata or Peyton Manning?

Edited by Jauronimo

Doubt it would ever happen, but I would be all in for sure. Actually, if the Broncos wanted McFumble, I would trade him for Brady Quinn. I think he has just as much upside in the NFL as Tebow does.

Do you mean to say that you think Quinn projects as a pretty good quarterback like Tebow… or that Tebow's really gonna suck like Quinn?

Do you mean to say that you think Quinn projects as a pretty good quarterback like Tebow… or that Tebow's really gonna suck like Quinn?

It depends from my perspective as I really do believe that Tebow has shown signs of having IT, and being a big help and a leader in making a team win.

However, I really doubt that Tebow would be able to pull off this magic anywhere and my sense is that looking at Tebow's skills and needs the Bills would likely be a death sentence for Tebow as a player. This I think is true because:

1. Tebow is a good player with real upside, but he is a youngster and like it or not needs at least an adequate OL in front of him so he is not called upon to run for his life every play. The Bills are at least a player and a half away from being even just an adequate OL (they need a starting RT and another reliable back-up so that even an adequate OL WHEN/if we get one suffers the nicks which always comes in the NFL and we need to plug in a reserve so we do not miss a beat. Tebow does need to learn some things and cannot be expected to run for his life all the time or are you gonna rely on that or do you want to rely on that?

2. Gailey is a proven O genius! However, he has shown zero success at training up a young rookie or near rookie QB into a winner. The Gailey MO has been to take a failed vet like Fiedler, Kordell, and even Fitzy to some extent and make it work with a failed vet. Perhaps if Tebow strings together a series of outputs like his OK but not great three starts last year for Denver and then gets cut, then perhaps gailey can make it work with Tebow but there is simply no record of success that I have seen to predict Tebow/Gailey would work. What evidence do you see.

3. Tebow is very good but ain't perfect and the area he needs work in would not fit well with the Bills and their limitations do not fit well.

Tebow still needs to change his mechanics of delivering the ball and get rid of any delay while he throws it long. Our OL is substandard enough and Gailey has no record of successfully altering rookie machanics while at the same time requiring vet reads.

I think Tebow may well end up a good one but not for the Bills with the strength/weaknesses or our team.

How much of a chance has Quinn had in the NFL? One of his few starts came against the Bills and if I remember correctly, his team had the most points at the end of the game.

How much of a chance has Quinn had in the NFL? One of his few starts came against the Bills and if I remember correctly, his team had the most points at the end of the game.

Quinn started 12 games spanning his 2nd and 3rd seasons. He's appeared in 14 games.

I think that you think that Quinn's been given less of a chance than he's actually had.

I also find it interesting that you give Quinn so much slack in contrast to your treatment of the Bills quarterbacks.

You've started threads criticizing Fitz and Brohm. Brohm's had 2 career starts but Quinn, who's had 12, hasn't been given much of a chance?

I heard over the radio that the Bills would be trading for a first round pick, Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Michael Turner for Levi Brown, Ed Wang and a 7th round pick. I don't have any proof but you'll just have to take my word for it. :rolleyes:

Yep and Kevin Kolb was seen at the Buffalo Airport last night. :thumbsup:

This whole topic is about someone who wanted Tebow to be drafted by the Bills so badly that he still can't let it go. Three pages? Serious?

Agreed. Tebow can't play NFL Football anyways. I can't believe people can't get over this joke. It is quite ridiculous...