Favorite Summer Cocktail

Vodka, cranberry juice, key lime, and a splash of soda over ice.

Be careful though, it's easy to let these get away from you. look like a chick while you're drinking these.

Fixed.

Criminy, I come back to this place after a short while and you all turn into a bunch of pansies :nana:

In all seriousness, here's my favorite (stolen from Food & Wine)

1 ounce vodka

1/2 ounce ginger liqueur

3 ounces peach puree or nectar

Crushed ice

1 ounce chilled ginger beer

In a highball glass, combine the vodka, ginger liqueur and peach puree; stir. Add crushed ice and stir again. Top with the ginger beer and swizzle by spinning a swizzle stick or bar spoon between your hands.

You can garnish it with slices of peach, if you wish to be the host with the most.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many peeps will say "Yuck"

but for a different summer drink try

mixing equal parts of lemonade with beer.

But not Guinness or pink lemonade.

The Ol Summer Shandy!

This is actually being pushed/marketed real heavily this summer. Namely the Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. Pretty good on a hot day when you dont want to go too fruity, but dont want just a beer either.

Also recommend (and in my opinion, better than the shandy), is Shiner's Ruby Redbird. It has a more naturally flavored taste than the Shandy, and it's more of a "Hint of Taste". Its also Grapefruit and Ginger instead of lemonade.

Definitely recommend picking up a 6er before the summer is over.

Edited by DrDareustein

Red Snapper:

Crown Royal

Amaretto

Cranberry Juice

Over rocks

Good God, that's horrible way to treat Crown. I'm sure that's a nice drink, but you can probably substitute CC or some other Canadian blended whiskey and keep the Crown for sipping over ice.

/Not judging but, Sheesh!

Good God, that's horrible way to treat Crown. I'm sure that's a nice drink, but you can probably substitute CC or some other Canadian blended whiskey and keep the Crown for sipping over ice.

/Not judging but, Sheesh!

:lol: True, obviously you can substitute and probably not even know the difference. If you order it as a shooter, I think it's understood that it's supposed to be Crown. When you extend the drink to a full size summery thing, it's fine to use any whiskey.

Do you squeeze the lemon or orange slice?

Myself, no - but it's purely a matter of personal preference. :)

Seriously, there are some tasty-sounding potions in this thread, and I will experiment with a few.

Here's one I discovered a back in May while planning a Preakness Party...

Black-Eyed Susan

(I like to substitute a nice 80-proof orange brady for the Triple Sec.)

Cheers!

Fixed.

Criminy, I come back to this place after a short while and you all turn into a bunch of pansies :nana:

In all seriousness, here's my favorite (stolen from Food & Wine)

1 ounce vodka

1/2 ounce ginger liqueur

3 ounces peach puree or nectar

Crushed ice

1 ounce chilled ginger beer

In a highball glass, combine the vodka, ginger liqueur and peach puree; stir. Add crushed ice and stir again. Top with the ginger beer and swizzle by spinning a swizzle stick or bar spoon between your hands.

You can garnish it with slices of peach, if you wish to be the host with the most.

Spill down the drain, then drink the vodka.

Fixed. :nana: