Favorite Summer Cocktail

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very boring. I like a double Vodka(Grey Goose) with soda. Lots of ice and a couple hunks of lime. Very refreshing. I like some of the summery foo foo drinks like some lemonades with whatever. Sometimes too sweet though.

Drinks by the pool:

1. Vodka & Diet Orange Soda (Pop) - Careful as the orange flavor is so strong, you'll never taste the booze. Go with Triple distilled Smirnoff. Only use the high end stuff for vodka martinis.

2. Mojito

3. Sangria - I like the juice of 1 each lemon, lime, navel orange with 1 bottle of red wine & 1 tsp sugar. Marinate in a pitcher overnight. Add a dozen cut up strawberries & 20oz of ginger ale. Back into the fridge for an hour. Good to go.

Plenty of ice on hand. As always, drink from a plastic cup (no glass @ the pool). Wear sunscreen.

I'm very boring. I like a double Vodka(Grey Goose) with soda. Lots of ice and a couple hunks of lime. Very refreshing. I like some of the summery foo foo drinks like some lemonades with whatever. Sometimes too sweet though.

Kick it up a notch!! Vanilla vodka with any of the Diet Ocean Spray juices!!

Drinks by the pool:

1. Vodka & Diet Orange Soda (Pop) - Careful as the orange flavor is so strong, you'll never taste the booze. Go with Triple distilled Smirnoff. Only use the high end stuff for vodka martinis.

2. Mojito

3. Sangria - I like the juice of 1 each lemon, lime, navel orange with 1 bottle of red wine & 1 tsp sugar. Marinate in a pitcher overnight. Add a dozen cut up strawberries & 20oz of ginger ale. Back into the fridge for an hour. Good to go.

Plenty of ice on hand. As always, drink from a plastic cup (no glass @ the pool). Wear sunscreen.

How about some orange vodka with the orange soda?

My summer drink is much the same as it is any other season ..... Put a bottle of vodka in the freezer for at least twelve hours. 3large queen olives in a martini glass then set the vermouth bottle next to the martini glass remove the cap briefly - wave your hand over it to "push" vermouth fumes into the martini glass - then shake cold vodka on ice with a little tiny bit of the olive juice - pour into the martini glass and enjoy - the only improvement you can make to this drink is to stuff the olives with blue cheese.

Btw - after this technique is used it is ok to just throw the vermouth in the trash before making any other martinis.

Lot of good suggestions in here.

Any frozen rum drink will do well by the pool. Bacardi has the frozen mixes in those little cans, most likely by the frozen OJ section. You dump one of those in a blender, a can (or 2 ;) ) of rum, and fill the rest of the way with ice. Theyre really good when you got a few people hanging poolside. I usually pick up 4 or 5 of those cans, hit the pool, and your day is planned!

Also, rum (capt, bacardi, sailor jerry's, whatever) with half-OJ/half-soda water, is pretty good.

Whole post was great, but especially these 3 crucial tips for poolside drinking.

One actual tip, make sure you hydrate when drinking outdoors. When sitting poolside you may not realize how much you are actually sweating. Add in alcohol and you can dehydrate pretty easily.

Oh and best drink = a frozen margarita. Hand crafted with real lime juice, sprite, a good tequila and say cointreau.

Favorite summer drinks

1. Gin (preferably Tanqueray) and grapefruit juice. Sometimes served with a salted rim.

2. Tequila Sunrise - Tequila, orange juice, ice....stir or shake....add about half an ounce of grenadine which settles to the bottom creating the "sunrise effect." Delicious!!