Giants camp pulling out of Albany

It was just announced today that the Giants will not be training at UAlbany this year. They cite the lockout and scheduling as the main reasons, so they will simply do their training in East Rutherford.

Linky from Albany TU

One of the reasons the Giants pulled out was due to logistics and timing. A local news story last night said that it would take about 2 weeks to move everything from NJ to Albany and since camp was supposed to start in a few weeks and there's no deal yet, they weren't sure if camp would take place.

I told someone today that I wouldn't be surprised if this is done for all 32 teams. So, what are the chances that the Bills pull out of SJF for similar reasons?

I think all teams are relatively impacted by the same logistics concerning training camp. I can see every team deciding cut some costs and training at their local facilities if things don't get settled soon. It's interesting that both NY City teams have already decided to stay home. Must be that new stadium debt load and they're looking to cut costs anywhere they can.

GO BILLS!!!

I think all teams are relatively impacted by the same logistics concerning training camp. I can see every team deciding cut some costs and training at their local facilities if things don't get settled soon. It's interesting that both NY City teams have already decided to stay home. Must be that new stadium debt load and they're looking to cut costs anywhere they can.

GO BILLS!!!

They're owners are cheap

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed, but two factors that vary by team:

1. The lesser one: what kind of facilities the team has available for 80+ bodies at the start of camp

2. The greater one: the Bills use camp to market to Rochester and points east. (The NY teams don't "market" to Albany and Cortland like that.) The Bills will hold out that much longer for an offsite camp for that reason. Teams like, say, the Bears and the Packers don't care about that, but maybe teams like Cinci and Jax do.

If the Lockout goes much longer I can't see the Bills training at SJF. Not when they have the fieldhouse and RWS to work in. There will be too much to get done without worrying about moving stuff to Pittsford.

PTR

Agreed, but two factors that vary by team:

1. The lesser one: what kind of facilities the team has available for 80+ bodies at the start of camp

2. The greater one: the Bills use camp to market to Rochester and points east. (The NY teams don't "market" to Albany and Cortland like that.) The Bills will hold out that much longer for an offsite camp for that reason. Teams like, say, the Bears and the Packers don't care about that, but maybe teams like Cinci and Jax do.

Plus the fact that as we speak, the turf at RWS is being ripped up.

I'm not sure if they'd be able to host everybody in the Fieldhouse Blue Cross-Blue Shield Fieldhouse and the smallish outdoor facility. There'd be no real way to facilitate fan attendance for this situation, either.

But with such little time for preparation it may not be a bad idea to have them closed to the public. Without minicamps, they still haven't installed the offense, there's been no playbook to study from, rookies will be even further behind than they usually are, etc.

Everybody's gotta save time where they can.

If the Lockout goes much longer I can't see the Bills training at SJF. Not when they have the fieldhouse and RWS to work in. There will be too much to get done without worrying about moving stuff to Pittsford.

PTR

As above, the turf is currently being ripped up in RWS.

Yeah all my Giants fan friends around here are bummed out. I could see it going this way for plenty of teams. Time will tell I guess. Can't say I will miss them being here, but I am sure some of the bars and restaurants will miss them.

Yeah all my Giants fan friends around here are bummed out. I could see it going this way for plenty of teams. Time will tell I guess. Can't say I will miss them being here, but I am sure some of the bars and restaurants will miss them.

I know that the cancellation of the Jets training camp in Cortland caused serious mourning among restaurant owners… Rex Ryan and his huge gullet have an enormous economic impact on the restaurant industry in that town.

This just adds more fuel to the fire for New York's Attorney General.

Linky

And perfect reason not to ever have training camp in NY for NJ's teams. Maybe they will change name to NJJ and NJG so NY's attorney general will have even less idiotic leverage.

FWIW My girlfrind is a student at Fisher and worked for the team this past season as an intern. One day in May she saw Chan Buddy and her boss (dont know his name) walking the campus. She said hello and talked to them for a bit. She mentioned to me that if the lockout wasnt resolved by some day in June/early July (I cant remeber if she even told me the date) they would just have camp at OBD.

Im pretty sure Camp at Fisher is a no go this year.

FWIW My girlfrind is a student at Fisher and worked for the team this past season as an intern. One day in May she saw Chan Buddy and her boss (dont know his name) walking the campus. She said hello and talked to them for a bit. She mentioned to me that if the lockout wasnt resolved by some day in June/early July (I cant remeber if she even told me the date) they would just have camp at OBD.

Im pretty sure Camp at Fisher is a no go this year.

Who is Chan Buddy?