WTF...woman's body goes undetected in public pool

Beerball

How the hell do you come in to work in the morning, open the pool, start the filter, check the chlorine and acidity, add chemicals as necessary, clean and straighten everything up, and not notice a !@#$ing corpse?

And then do it again the next morning????

How the hell do you come in to work in the morning, open the pool, start the filter, check the chlorine and acidity, add chemicals as necessary, clean and straighten everything up, and not notice a !@#$ing corpse?

I agree!! Crazy alright!! The cleaning company needs serious "retraining"

or perhaps be fired.

I agree!! Crazy alright!! The cleaning company needs serious "retraining"

or perhaps be fired.

"Corpse removal isn't in our contract."

Seriously...depending on the wording of whatever service contract they have, they could use that excuse and get away with it. I've seen disputes that stupid...though not that obscene.

And the best part about this is that ALL deep water pools (i.e. - anything other than a kiddie pool) run by ths state are closed as they sort this out and retrain. Glad the kids aren't out of school and it's not a holiday weekend.........

And the best part about this is that ALL deep water pools (i.e. - anything other than a kiddie pool) run by ths state are closed as they sort this out and retrain. Glad the kids aren't out of school and it's not a holiday weekend.........

Because when an exceptional outlier of an event occurs, it's only proper to treat it as an everyday occurrence...because "think of the children!"

Finding a dead body is a rite of passage for children so I'm cool with the cleaning crew leaving it there. Haven't you seen Stand By Me?

I'm still shocked that her carcass went unnoticed for so long. Normally within a few hours you can see the necrophiles circling which is a big tip off. I heard that one of the pool cleaning crew actually saw the body, but didn't do anything about it because his skimmer wasn't big enough. But I digress.

Obviously something needs to be done about the corpses in our public pools. The only way to really solve the problem is of course through increased awareness and government spending. I propose a massive public service program on par with the anti smoking campaign to raise awareness about corpses in our pools and to educate americans about the dangers of staying under water for several hours or days without proper equipment and supervision.

As a lifeguard that scares the **** out of me

i dont want to be a captain or a hindsight or an a hole, but if you do your job right, this shouldnt happen.

Finding a dead body is a rite of passage for children so I'm cool with the cleaning crew leaving it there. Haven't you seen Stand By Me?

I'm still shocked that her carcass went unnoticed for so long. Normally within a few hours you can see the necrophiles circling which is a big tip off. I heard that one of the pool cleaning crew actually saw the body, but didn't do anything about it because his skimmer wasn't big enough. But I digress.

Obviously something needs to be done about the corpses in our public pools. The only way to really solve the problem is of course through increased awareness and government spending. I propose a massive public service program on par with the anti smoking campaign to raise awareness about corpses in our pools and to educate americans about the dangers of staying under water for several hours or days without proper equipment and supervision.

good point.

as a life guard, i hope you have a pool that is cleaner than 'cloudy'....any public pool i have ever seen is crystal clear...this one apparently was too cloudy to see 12 ft to the bottom....

I find the idea of captain Hindsight as a life guard quite amusing, "Well in retrospect, I should have noticed that woman at the bottom of the pool was staying down for an awfully long time."

No offense meant to your actual skills as a lifeguard.

i dont want to be a captain or a hindsight or an a hole, but if you do your job right, this shouldnt happen.

When you have 35 people in the pool, its hard to see everything. Luckily the pool i work out is clear because of myself and the other head guard ceaning everyday. But still, doing CPR or getting in to rescue someone scares me.

Sounds like they left out quite a few of your Pool Opening procedures. :sick:

When you have 35 people in the pool, its hard to see everything. Luckily the pool i work out is clear because of myself and the other head guard ceaning everyday. But still, doing CPR or getting in to rescue someone scares me.

Which brings up a point. Did they try to rescue her with CPR? :sick: