Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) says President Obama

"We have been sliding for 70 years to a situation where Congress has nothing to do with the decision about whether to go to war or not, and the president is becoming an absolute monarch," Nadler said on the floor. "And we must put a stop to that right now, if we don't want to become an empire instead of a republic.

My link

A good reason to impeach Obama

Edited by ....lybob

Please, Pele was practically pushing up flowers when he was in NY. That was the birth of soccer interest. Now you're starting to see some growth.

I know it's sad for the baseball people. I pity you all holding on to a fading past. Baseball now gets a third of the viewers for the World Series than it got 40 years ago, last year of course being a record low. Keep telling yourself baseball still matters.

The Women's World Cup final in 1999 drew 40 million viewers. Baseball hasn't had a 40 million viewer world series since 1981 and it sure as **** won't ever again.

Please, Pele was practically pushing up flowers when he was in NY. That was the birth of soccer interest. Now you're starting to see some growth.

I know it's sad for the baseball people. I pity you all holding on to a fading past. Baseball now gets a third of the viewers for the World Series than it got 40 years ago, last year of course being a record low. Keep telling yourself baseball still matters.

The Women's World Cup final in 1999 drew 40 million viewers. Baseball hasn't had a 40 million viewer world series since 1981 and it sure as **** won't ever again.

:unsure:

My link

A good reason to impeach Obama

This is a process that started long before Obama was President or even before he was born. It just seems to be gaining steam the last few years.

Republics don't seem to last more than a couple centuries before devolving back towards an authoritarian system. Too bad we came in on the downhill slope :(

No doubt you're in the Chef Jim camp.

:unsure::unsure:

Chef Jim would spit up his cognac if he were still around to read that! :lol:

But, since this thread is about tv ratings for soccer, I heard the US womens soccer game the other day, on ESPN, drew higher ratings than any Stanley Cup finals game on VS or NBC.

Edited by Buftex

This is a process that started long before Obama was President or even before he was born. It just seems to be gaining steam the last few years.

Republics don't seem to last more than a couple centuries before devolving back towards an authoritarian system. Too bad we came in on the downhill slope :(

Of course it's been happening a long time, the last reversal of executive power gains was Nixon. The sad thing is despite rhetoric the vast majority care very little about the Constitution or ideas of the founding fathers- on the plus side Obama is held in such low regard by the right that they may go along on impeachment for violations of the Constitution even though they have no regard for the Constitution simply out of hatred of Obama.

To add to the name-calling, Mark Halperin called Obama a "dick" this morning, referring to the presidential demeanor during yesterday's presser.

Link.

Apparently, they were initiating a bleep machine on MSNBC, and apparently as a joke, Halperin said that. The bleeper didn't work because someone pressed the wrong button or combination of buttons. So, now Halperin is on indefinite suspension.

The crap of it is that during the Bush years, this and worse was/would have been applauded by the MSM (especially MSNBC). And besides that, Halperin has the truth on his side --- Obama was being a prick behind the mic.

To add to the name-calling, Mark Halperin called Obama a "dick" this morning, referring to the presidential demeanor during yesterday's presser.

Link.

Apparently, they were initiating a bleep machine on MSNBC, and apparently as a joke, Halperin said that. The bleeper didn't work because someone pressed the wrong button or combination of buttons. So, now Halperin is on indefinite suspension.

The crap of it is that during the Bush years, this and worse was/would have been applauded by the MSM (especially MSNBC). And besides that, Halperin has the truth on his side --- Obama was being a prick behind the mic.

Being called kinda of a Dick Cheney is maybe the worst imaginable insult but it's true he is being a Dick Cheney, of course John Steward got called out for calling the President dude.

This explains why the Bills always draft defensive backs.

• 12 years later...
  • 7 months later...