Terry Pegula

Perhaps you missed the signing of an hour ago? Ville Leino at six years for $27 million. And the rumor is that Terry is on his way to Dallas to talk to Richards still. This is madness. I love it.

After Leino there is only 1.35 mil left to the cap and they only have 1 goalie and 5 signed defenseman.

Madness is right and I love it too :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After Leino there is only 1.35 mil left to the cap and they only have 1 goalie and 5 signed defenseman.

Madness is right and I love it too :)

Not sure your # is correct - not saying it isn't, just that I'm not sure.

IIRC, they can go 10% over the cap in the summer, and then there's this...

Buffalo will enter the fun and lunacy of the NHL signing period with $10.4 million in cap space. The league allows teams to go 10 percent over the $64.3 million cap during the summer, and the Sabres' total includes that $6.4 million.

"Depending on what we do [Friday] it may affect our current lineup, but so far we still have room," Regier said. "There's a few roles up front that we'd like to address if we can."

Any forwards interested in joining a Stanley Cup contender would have to consider the Sabres. Their moves have swung them toward that category.

link (buffalo snooze)

The way I read between Darcy's lines, if they have to go over the cap to sign Richards, someone on the current roster may have to be moved. But that's just the way I read it. I could be wrong...

GO SABRES!!!!

98 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Stafford, Gerbe, McCormick, Leino, Ehrhoff, and Regher (and Kotalik, lol).

Moved/Let go Montador, Butler, and Connolly

And being able to declare it a complete off-season, 6.5 hours into Free Agency.

Other teams better start bringing their A-game if they want to contend with our Front Office. Cant wait to see what happens on the ice!!

Stafford, Gerbe, McCormick, Leino, Ehrhoff, and Regher (and Kotalik, lol).

Moved/Let go Montador, Butler, and Connolly

And being able to declare it a complete off-season, 6.5 hours into Free Agency.

Other teams better start bringing their A-game if they want to contend with our Front Office. Cant wait to see what happens on the ice!!

All kidding aside, Darcy & Co. did a great job. :thumbsup:

Or, as our northern neighbours would say...

"What a difference a day makes, eh?" :beer:

Perhaps you missed the signing of an hour ago? Ville Leino at six years for $27 million. And the rumor is that Terry is on his way to Dallas to talk to Richards still. This is madness. I love it.

I sure hope he wouldn't head to Dallas to talk to Richards. Mississauga, ON is a lot closer to both Buffalo and Brad Richards.