OT-Mark Mulder traded to Cardinals

Thailog80

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear beane better be up to something out there...because i will personally go out there and cut his balls off if he does nothing...hes effectively destroyed our pitching staff for nothing in return...oh well, at least my A's jersey is the Zito jersey...altho at this rate, he will be traded by next tuesday... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

i swear beane better be up to something out there...because i will personally go out there and cut his balls off if he does nothing...hes effectively destroyed our pitching staff for nothing in return...oh well, at least my A's jersey is the Zito jersey...altho at this rate, he will be traded by next tuesday... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

165839[/snapback]

The Yankees could use another lefty along RJ... :)

Mulder

Whats Oakland doing?

165755[/snapback]

They believe they still have a starting pitching staff that can win. They are a young team. The moves they are making is strictly for the future. When it comes down to it maybe they think that they can't get it done with the pitchers they have come playoff time.

They believe they still have a starting pitching staff that can win.  They are a young team.  The moves they are making is strictly for the future.  When it comes down to it maybe they think that they can't get it done with the pitchers they have come playoff time.

165926[/snapback]

I think the A's got a good deal and the Cardinals definately profitted from it.

Dan Harren is ready to be a good major league starter now and Calero is a very good 7th/8th inning setup guy. Barton is our best minor league position prospect but is 2 or 3 years away. He's only 19.

I'm a very happy Cardinals fan though. We are getting an ace for 6 million a year this year and 7.5 million next year, much cheaper than NY is going to have to pay Johnson.

I wouldnt call Mulder an ace.  He spit the bit big time down the stretch last September.  He's starting to break down more and more.    He'll do well for you but I dont think he'll put you over the top.

166083[/snapback]

He was overworked big time in 2004. That won't be the case in St. Louis where we have a very good bullpen and he won't have to pitch a lot of complete games.

He is probably the best of the three. Hudson would probably be second, and Zito would be third.

Very good bullpen?    No more Kiko Calero and Steve Kline hasnt resigned yet has he?     Their bullpen wasnt THAT good.     

He'll win you 17-19 games but dont count on him to come up big in October.

166113[/snapback]

He has a 2.25 ERA in October in 4 starts.

We got a much better bargain than Boston who just paid 25 million for 3 years for Matt Clement. He's alright, but we are paying MARK MOULDER less money.

Rick Ankiel is going to be in our bullpen this year. He is pitching lights out in winter league ball and appears to be back to the form he was at in 2000. Steve Kiline isn't being resigned for locker room reasons basically.

He has a 2.25 ERA in October in 4 starts. 

We got a much better bargain than Boston who just paid 25 million for 3 years for Matt Clement.  He's alright, but we are paying MARK MOULDER less money.

Rick Ankiel is going to be in our bullpen this year.  He is pitching lights out in winter league ball and appears to be back to the form he was at in 2000.  Steve Kiline isn't being resigned for locker room reasons basically.

166149[/snapback]

now that you have my pitcher, please spell his name right...

its Mark MULDER!!!!!