Programming Note: Jim Kelly to be on NFL Total Access tonight

missed it, what did he say?

He is our best public relations ambassador. Kelly mentioned that he didn't know why the Bills have struggled to find his replacement (they posted a graph of all the guys that have started games since he left)

He mentioned that he thought a lot of it was a lack of talent on the team- and that we have missed on too many 1-3 round draft choices.

He is excited Buddy Nix is here and feels he will right the ship.

He likes Fitzpatric and thought no QBs this year were worth a top 5 pick, and that we need to get players to pressure opposing QBs. Said Fitz looked great running players only workouts.

Spoke at length about his camp for kids in Buffalo

Edited by hmsmystic

He talked about the new uni's. How the blue reminded him of when he played and how the helmets are real sharp.

He said the Bills did not make a mistake in their decision to not draft a QB this year saying there was no QB worthy of a top-5 selection, noting Newton is a great athlete but a long shot.

He said he thinks vets won't be hurt by the lockout, but younger players . . .

He said he thinks the Bills are close to turning the corner and that he knows Buddy from when he played and that he's doing a good job.

Then he talked about his Jim kelly Camp and how he's been doing it for 24 yrs and that many current NFL'ers have gone tru it with him (Shawn Springs, Anthony Dorsett, the Gronkowski's).

Tht's about it.

In the nest "story" they asked Jamie Dukes & Mike Lombardi who should be in the HOF that isn't. Dukes said it's not even worth discussing - Andre Reed for sure. Lombardi agreed and went into how Charles Haley is being snubbed.

He talked about the new uni's. How the blue reminded him of when he played and how the helmets are real sharp.

He said the Bills did not make a mistake in their decision to not draft a QB this year saying there was no QB worthy of a top-5 selection, noting Newton is a great athlete but a long shot.

He said he thinks vets won't be hurt by the lockout, but younger players . . .

He said he thinks the Bills are close to turning the corner and that he knows Buddy from when he played and that he's doing a good job.

Then he talked about his Jim kelly Camp and how he's been doing it for 24 yrs and that many current NFL'ers have gone tru it with him (Shawn Springs, Anthony Dorsett, the Gronkowski's).

Tht's about it.

In the nest "story" they asked Jamie Dukes & Mike Lombardi who should be in the HOF that isn't. Dukes said it's not even worth discussing - Andre Reed for sure. Lombardi agreed and went into how Charles Haley is being snubbed.

WOW.. this news is interesting to me too. I had no idea that Charles Haley is being snubbed.

I just thought it wasn't his time and there were too many Cowboys and 49ers in the Hall already.

Thanks for the recap guys! I'm sure somebody will recall and quote Jim's positive comments about prior years' teams and QBs as a disclaimer, but it's still nice to hear him talk about the team and Fitz as being "right around the corner."

It's just nice to see some acknowledgement from the NFL Network that there is a franchise in Buffalo. I know the team's performance has relegated it to an irrelevant status, but during the offseason when we are starved for news, it's nice to hear something positive about our team and not the snickers and jokes we have heard before and have grown oh-so-tired of hearing.

By the way, as most know, the NFL Network has been listing the top 100 players from last year. (Or so they say, because when they mention McNabb at 100, they cite past performance??? I thought it was for LAST YEAR!!!!) Lombardi mentioned there were 6 Cowboys in the top 100 and he/Dukes chuckled and said "6 players from a 4-12 team??? But that's a topic for another discussion." I mention this to contrast it to 0 Bills being mentioned. I know we don't have any supperstars (yet), but Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson are mentionable - especially if 6 'boys can make the list.

one of the reasons the bills switched the helmet color to the red was kelly is colorblind .at the time all afc east teams had a combo of white and logo..the red shows like a deeper gray.

Not true, Kelly is colorblind but said himself he focussed on the jersey not the helmet. The red helmets came because of Fergy, who is also colorblind and they didn't help him at all. That year he threw a bunch of picks and was released the year after.

one of the reasons the bills switched the helmet color to the red was kelly is colorblind .at the time all afc east teams had a combo of white and logo..the red shows like a deeper gray.

Kelly said himself thats a common misconception...it was Fergy who wanted it. I always thought that too.

Its on BB.com when Kelly was asked about the unis...