Football Camps…

As many of you know, Adrian Peterson recently lent his name for a football camp in Norman, Oklahoma where he played college ball. I'm not sure why he would let them use his name if he wasn't planning on attending.

While Peterson didn't attend The Adrian Peterson Football Camp, the camp organizers failed to announce this fact until two days before the camp began.

The organizers took the blame for the misunderstanding only after floating a bogus story that Peterson couldn't attend due to a television appearance on The NFL Network. In fact there was no such scheduling conflict and the camp organizers ended up taking the fall.

This didn't help the families who paid $199 so their kids could attend the camp. At least refunds were offered so that's cool.

Meanwhile 2009 SEC sack leader Antonio Coleman of the Buffalo Bills held his second annual Antonio Coleman Second Chance Football Camp in Mobile, Alabama where he played college ball.

The camp is free and is for juveniles who have committed a crime but were given probation.

"He could have worked a camp and charged kids $50, $30," said Williamson football coach Bobby Parrish, who assisted Coleman on Friday. "He could have done it over at the high school, at Ladd Stadium. He could have done it anywhere he wanted to, but to come here to the youth center and put it on for these kids, I think, is very special.

"In the drills," Parrish added, "we're telling them not to quit because you're messing up and you still have to finish the drill, and I think that's an important lesson -- whatever you start, you want to finish." Coleman also spoke later in the day to young men who are incarcerated for more serious crimes.

Coleman shared his life story with the teens, telling how he grew up in an overcrowded apartment in a Mobile housing project, but persevered and made it to the NFL."

Kudos to Antonio Coleman. This is the sort of work that more people should be doing.

http://www.al.com/sp...er_antonio.html

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan