For all you King Crimson fans out there....

The Poojer

Have no fear...means more tickets for the rest of us....personally I prefer Fripp/Levin/Mastelotto because they all add some personality to the Crimson shows...Fripp is an immense talent...but waiting for him to do so much as stand up during a show...i could listen to an album and get that kind of reward....

Levin with his funk sticks is amazing to watch.

I have a bit of an attitude when it comes to fripp...i have had several diametrically opposing experiences with members of crimson...Met Levin outside of Sheas after a Gabriel Show in the early 80's and the guy couldn't have been more gracious and accomodating along with the rest of the band including PG.

Saw Crimson in the mid 90's on the same tour, and at Red Bank, NJ, sat with Adrian Belew's wife and had a very pleasant experience with both her and Adrian B.

Later I was in Maryland for a KC show and we were enjoying the opening act of Vernon Reid...We were sitting directly behind the sound board(seats were waaaay plenty)...talking to the sound guy during the VR set...Fripp comes out and sits next to us, during a break, my buddy leans over and very innocently 'thanks' Fripp for all the musical pleasure he has provided over the years...Fripp gets up instantly and runs away like a little prick...long story short...there is some back and forth on a blog between my buddy and fripp about the 'fripp-tude'...my buddy goes to a book(?) signing of fripp's and someone mentions the blog 'fight'...my buddy raises his hand indicating that he was the other side of the fight...fripp was very gracious in acknowledging that he was the one that acted inappropriately and they shook hands and had a good laugh over it...

still despite the outcome of that...Fripp always has left a bad taste in my mouth(that's what she said :nana: )

Still I get more out of watching the others in a KC show than I do out of watching Fripp...but I am not stupid enough to ignore the brilliance of Fripp to KC....

No Fripp? Bah.

King Magenta, maybe....or Prince Crimson.

Edited by The Poojer

i have had several diametrically opposing experiences with members of crimson...Met Levin outside of Sheas after a Gabriel Show in the early 80's and the guy couldn't have been more gracious and accomodating along with the rest of the band including PG.

pooj, I never remember Gabriel at Sheas. But if early 8o's i could have been at school. Seems like one summer..maybe 80, every week someone great playing at Kleinhans.I distinctly remember KC and Gabriel playing within a few days of each other.That same summer McClaughin(sp), DeMeola,and DeLucia where there as well.

And pooj, oyu strike me as the type of guy that was prolly with me a me and others as we slept out overnight for tickets at"Central Tickets" (was that the name..the place on Deleware?)

Have no fear...means more tickets for the rest of us....personally I prefer Fripp/Levin/Mastelotto because they all add some personality to the Crimson shows...Fripp is an immense talent...but waiting for him to do so much as stand up during a show...i could listen to an album and get that kind of reward....

Levin with his funk sticks is amazing to watch.

I have a bit of an attitude when it comes to fripp...i have had several diametrically opposing experiences with members of crimson...Met Levin outside of Sheas after a Gabriel Show in the early 80's and the guy couldn't have been more gracious and accomodating along with the rest of the band including PG.

Saw Crimson in the mid 90's on the same tour, and at Red Bank, NJ, sat with Adrian Belew's wife and had a very pleasant experience with both her and Adrian B.

Later I was in Maryland for a KC show and we were enjoying the opening act of Vernon Reid...We were sitting directly behind the sound board(seats were waaaay plenty)...talking to the sound guy during the VR set...Fripp comes out and sits next to us, during a break, my buddy leans over and very innocently 'thanks' Fripp for all the musical pleasure he has provided over the years...Fripp gets up instantly and runs away like a little prick...long story short...there is some back and forth on a blog between my buddy and fripp about the 'fripp-tude'...my buddy goes to a book(?) signing of fripp's and someone mentions the blog 'fight'...my buddy raises his hand indicating that he was the other side of the fight...fripp was very gracious in acknowledging that he was the one that acted inappropriately and they shook hands and had a good laugh over it...

still despite the outcome of that...Fripp always has left a bad taste in my mouth(that's what she said :nana: )

Still I get more out of watching the others in a KC show than I do out of watching Fripp...but I am not stupid enough to ignore the brilliance of Fripp to KC....

Fair enough. Fripp does seem like one of those guys who is barely hanging onto sanity. My favorite version was when Greg Lake was doing bass & vocals. Saw KC a long time ago when an unknown Peter Frampton opened for them in West Palm Beach. Fripp chastised the audience, who were all cranked up after Frampton and too rowdy for his eminence. Great concert, though.

pooj, I never remember Gabriel at Sheas. But if early 8o's i could have been at school. Seems like one summer..maybe 80, every week someone great playing at Kleinhans.I distinctly remember KC and Gabriel playing within a few days of each other.That same summer McClaughin(sp), DeMeola,and DeLucia where there as well.

And pooj, oyu strike me as the type of guy that was prolly with me a me and others as we slept out overnight for tickets at"Central Tickets" (was that the name..the place on Deleware?)

Gabriel played at Sheas in November of 1982.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/162962-peter-gabriel/gigography?end_date=1990-06-30&group_order=name&page=4&start_date=1977-04-01&tab=display_city