CBA negotiations...George Wilson "Definitely Optimistic"

thanks, beer for posting this. i've had a long day, dealing with this story, the sabres trade and covering the LPGA in Rochester. i'll be on WBEN on Monday morning to talk about the labor situation (terrible plug, sorry), as i'm part of the AP team covering this thing. and after 100-some days, there's a belief this thing will be over sooner than later ... but as George said, they're not there yet.

jw

thanks, beer for posting this. i've had a long day, dealing with this story, the sabres trade and covering the LPGA in Rochester. i'll be on WBEN on Monday morning to talk about the labor situation (terrible plug, sorry), as i'm part of the AP team covering this thing. and after 100-some days, there's a belief this thing will be over sooner than later ... but as George said, they're not there yet.

jw

Since you are covering the LPGA you should have some insights on the women's tour. Whatever happened to the most hyped person in women's golf who hadn't accomplished much in the pro ranks: Michelle Wie? I've read that she is enjoying her college experience at Stanford. I got the impression that she preferred following the path of being a well rounded person than having the singular focus (a la Tiger) of playing the game.

Edited by JohnC

Since you are covering the LPGA you should have some insights on the women's tour. Whatever happened to the most hyped person in woman's golf who hadn't accomplished much in the pro ranks: Michelle Wie? I've read that she is enjoying her college experience at Stanford. I got the impression that she preferred following the path of being a well rounded person than having the singular focus (a la Tiger) of playing the game.

i would tend to agree.

i cover the LPGA once a year. and once Michelle gets near the leaderboard and i have reason to talk to her, i'll ask. don't think that's going to happen today, though.

jw

Since you are covering the LPGA you should have some insights on the women's tour. Whatever happened to the most hyped person in woman's golf who hadn't accomplished much in the pro ranks: Michelle Wie? I've read that she is enjoying her college experience at Stanford. I got the impression that she preferred following the path of being a well rounded person than having the singular focus (a la Tiger) of playing the game.

It's still really early for Michelle.

She won't turn 22 until October and she's 9th on the money list and 10th in the Rolex World Rankings.

Granted she hasn't lived up to the hype but like I said, it's still early.

It's still really early for Michelle.

She won't turn 22 until October and she's 9th on the money list and 10th in the Rolex World Rankings.

Granted she hasn't lived up to the hype but like I said, it's still early.

San Jose, Is she still going to Stanford or did she graduate?

San Jose, Is she still going to Stanford or did she graduate?

Apparently Stanford is on a quarter system and she would typically attend two quarters out of the year to accommodate her golf schedule.

I know she hasn't yet graduated but I don't know how close she is either.

being from hawaii and seeing her for what seems like forever. her biggest speed bump was her dad for her career. he really dipped his hands into her career in places that he should have hired someone to do it for her. and she could never really putt. she can hit it a mile but her putting is the weak point of her game.

sadly shes also socially retarded.

jw

Nice!!!!!!!!

I know, I know, not there yet, but it's a good start to my week when I read of at least hope! :thumbsup:

jw

We look forward to promising updates. It will be a long summer without camp news to loof forward to. The sides need to get on with the business of football.

I am more optimistic that we will not see games cancelled but having been involved in labor negotiations I would also not be shocked to see this situation turn south.

We look forward to promising updates. It will be a long summer without camp news to loof forward to. The sides need to get on with the business of football.

I am more optimistic that we will not see games cancelled but having been involved in labor negotiations I would also not be shocked to see this situation turn south.

as the AP reported today, Goodell and De Smith traveling together to rookie symposium in Florida is "A signal that an end to the labor strife was in sight, perhaps even before the Fourth of July?"

jw

as the AP reported today, Goodell and De Smith traveling together to rookie symposium in Florida is "A signal that an end to the labor strife was in sight, perhaps even before the Fourth of July?"

jw

Thanks JW. There is hope.