Fortunately we have help from the media

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, she really seemed to be answering as to how the predicted "viciousness" of the next election will impact her family e.g. Sasha and Malia. And in that, the media have really respected the First Family's privacy and left the girls alone.

Sure, she completely seemed to miss the intention of the question... but that's what she was alluding to.

Not that I see '12 getting particularly nasty, unless a longshot Republicans like Bachman (or Palin [shiver down the spine]) gets the nod. If the Republicans nominate someone who focuses almost entirely on the economy, jobs and debt, they win big. It doesn't have to get nasty. Like I've said before, think deja vu of the '80 election. Reagan won that with tactful charm and asking a simple question --- "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

Not that I see '12 getting particularly nasty, unless a longshot Republicans like Bachman (or Palin [shiver down the spine]) gets the nod. If the Republicans nominate someone who focuses almost entirely on the economy, jobs and debt, they win big. It doesn't have to get nasty. Like I've said before, think deja vu of the '80 election. Reagan won that with tactful charm and asking a simple question --- "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

You seem to think that if the election turns nasty it will come from the right.

I think that if Obama is in any trouble next year, regardless of who the GOP nominee is, that the left will turn venomous. Plenty of race baiting regardless who their opponent is. If Romney is the nominee expect the Mormon issue to be raised. If Bachman or Palin is the nominee, well we've already seen what the left did when a Conservative woman appeared. And the potential GOP nominee that would bring out the absolute worst from the left is Herman Cain.

Not that I see '12 getting particularly nasty...

You must have slept through the 2010 mid-terms. The post-partisan Obama went in the drawer and out came Aunt Esther. When you have nothing to run on, you attack, and Obama has nothing to run on other than the fact that he gave an order to kill a guy that 99% of the US population would have given. He can't sell Obamacare. He can't sell the economy. People don't like Libya. He's not pulling out of Afghanistan fast enough. And the only answer they have to fix things right now...the ONLY ANSWER...is another stimulus.

He's a nasty politician who actually won his senate seat by eliminating his competition through scandals, etc. and he will be more nasty than we've ever seen to date. By the time he launches the purple people beaters to rallies, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Edited by LABillzFan

You must have slept through the 2010 mid-terms. The post-partisan Obama went in the drawer and out came Aunt Esther. When you have nothing to run on, you attack, and Obama has nothing to run on other than the fact that he gave an order to kill a guy that 99% of the US population would have given. He can't sell Obamacare. He can't sell the economy. People don't like Libya. He's not pulling out of Afghanistan fast enough. And the only answer they have to fix things right now...the ONLY ANSWER...is another stimulus.

He's a nasty politician who actually won his senate seat by eliminating his competition through scandals, etc. and he will be more nasty than we've ever seen to date. By the time he launches the purple people beaters to rallies, it's on like Donkey Kong.

And he F'd that up. If we hadn't publicized so many details of it, I'm sure we'd be killing a lot more of his underlings or be able to get a lot more intelligence.

Obama is like King Midas, except everything he touches turns to sh**.

Nice out of context quote. I'm sure the Right is eating that BS up but she was just thanking the media for respecting the family privacy.

Yes, they did such a nice job of keeping out of Palin's family matters.

Yes, they did such a nice job of keeping out of Palin's family matters.

The ones who were minors and didn't inject themselves into the campaign?

I would give a slightly unqualified 'Yes.' I don't watch much news and don't have cable to watch all that junk.... But I don't remember hearing a terribly much about the younger ones who didn't do much more than stand on a dais and wave. Bristol Palin voluntarily put her life into the mix. Even their older military son didn't get much mention... again, at least of what I heard and read, because he didn't stand up and start talking. Once you do that, you're fair game.

I would give a slightly unqualified 'Yes.' I don't watch much news and don't have cable to watch all that junk.... But I don't remember hearing a terribly much about the younger ones who didn't do much more than stand on a dais and wave. Bristol Palin voluntarily put her life into the mix. Even their older military son didn't get much mention... again, at least of what I heard and read, because he didn't stand up and start talking. Once you do that, you're fair game.

You don't say. Did you expect to read this in your issue of the mayberry gazette? Her one year old practically had his own department at MSNBC.

Trig never said much as far as I remember.

When's SNL going to run a skit about Obama maybe molesting his daughters like they did on the Palin's?

"After all, this is Alaska we're talking about."

Still waiting for an, "After all, this is an African American male we're talking about."

Yeah that infant with Downs really involved himself with the '08 campaign :rolleyes:

Yeah that infant with Downs really involved himself with the '08 campaign :rolleyes:

Well, to clarify that, the context in which he was mentioned was in how Palin pulled him into the conversation with a wink-wink while talking about the sanctity of life and her anti-abortion stance... with the intimation that she didn't abort her baby with DS, so what's with people who support abortion of perfectly healthy babies?

As such, Trig was mentioned in context to Palin's beliefs, and iirc she did not shy away from that conversation or say that it was off-limits.

BTW, I didn't say I lived under a rock, and I did/do read online news from major e-paper sources. But like I said, I can't speak about what was said on cable news of whichever leaning, b/c I generally steer clear of cesspools. And then again, some of the nastiest stuff to come out in '08 against McCain-Palin was from some people who were pissed that their evangelical minister candidate Mike (Pardon Me!) Huckabee didn't get the nod.

This was well after the fact. The media decided it was the height of absurdity to oppose government imposed sex ed and schools supplying condoms while having a pregnant teenage daughter. This made Bristol fair game and they went after her with everything they had. After she was already a public figure she cashed in on it. Big ****.

Libs don't have to deal with these criticisms because when their teenage daughters get pregnant they snuff the little mother!@#$er out with a rusty coathanger.

Well, to clarify that, the context in which he was mentioned was in how Palin pulled him into the conversation with a wink-wink while talking about the sanctity of life and her anti-abortion stance... with the intimation that she didn't abort her baby with DS, so what's with people who support abortion of perfectly healthy babies?

As such, Trig was mentioned in context to Palin's beliefs, and iirc she did not shy away from that conversation or say that it was off-limits...

So using your life as an example that you live by your beliefs (unlike most mouth whore politicians) then anything to do with your one year old child, including unsupported speculation as the child being Bristol's, is fair game?

Let's see what they do to Michelle Bachman's 23 foster children. Surely, they will be left alone. The media will help her on this - won't "they"? :unsure:

Maybe some of the are homos, or commies, or thieves, or shudder-gasp... Republicans - or worse - Tea Party members.

I'll bet some have had trouble in school/life/marriage. Oooh oooh oooh. I can't wait to hear the dirt that they'll dig up.

Let's see what they do to Michelle Bachman's 23 foster children. Surely, they will be left alone. The media will help her on this - won't "they"? :unsure:

Maybe some of the are homos, or commies, or thieves, or shudder-gasp... Republicans - or worse - Tea Party members.

I'll bet some have had trouble in school/life/marriage. Oooh oooh oooh. I can't wait to hear the dirt that they'll dig up.

They are already gearing up for this. Isn't that info supposed to be sealed, like adoption records?

I like how that particular question comes at the end. kind of an homage to the signature quote from Columbo, played by the recently departed Peter Falk

One More Thing...

Hey let me start

While Rep. Michele Bachmann has forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the "welfare rolls," the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005, according to new figures obtained by NBC News.

The previously unreported payments are on top of the $24,000 in federal and state funds that Bachmann & Associates, the clinic founded by Marcus Bachmann, a clinical therapist, received in recent years under a state grant to train its employees, state records show. The figures were provided to NBC News in response to a Freedom of Information request.

also of interest is Bachmann's family farm subsidies of more than a quarter million