In non-uni news, Jets will not have training camp in Cortland

No Jets in Cortland this summer; Fans and businesses disappointed

Because of the ongoing labor dispute in the NFL between players and owners, no one knows when players will return to the field. Because of the uncertainty, the Jets have opted to train closer to home this summer at their facility in New Jersey if the lockout ends.

Well, there's every chance that the negotiations will be infringing into Training Camp schedules. And, any time that can be saved by not having to pack up everything, travel a couple hundred miles, unpack... then repack, travel a couple hundred miles and unpack again will be all the more time they can devote to installing their system, do evaluations, etc.

This thread sucks

That's debatable but you were somehow able to make it worse.

Back on topic, the Jets are the 2nd team to cancel their usual training camp plans.

The Ravens have cancelled their training camp at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland.

Good thing the lockout looks to heading to a quick end… there's some collateral damage starting to accumulate.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

wait..*sniff sniff*..

Yep, this thread not only sucks..but it stinks also.

I would be very very embarrassed if I started this thread.

18,186 posts! Wow. Congrats. MAAHHHHH! I DON'T WANNA GET OFF THE INTERNET!!!

Congrats on tweaking the beak of one of our more respected posters and a Global Moderator no less. And you with just 56 posts.

You should be preparing for a vacation soon. A long vacation.

I have much respect for Just Jack and have enjoyed reading many of his post. However, this would not be one of them. I come here to read comments and exchange views on my beloved Bills. Not the Jets, in fact for some odd reason I hate the Jets!

I do not care where the Jets practice, that's right, we are talking about practice!

I have much respect for Just Jack and have enjoyed reading many of his post. However, this would not be one of them. I come here to read comments and exchange views on my beloved Bills. Not the Jets, in fact for some odd reason I hate the Jets!

I do not care where the Jets practice, that's right, we are talking about practice!

I do believe that this was mentioned in that it is only the latest domino to fall in a short string that may affect the Bills' camp at SJF if the labor situation isn't settled very soon.

And yet you opened a thread titled "Jets will not have training camp in Cortland". Curious.

Russ Brandon talked about the Bills camp on the news yesterday and said that everything is still going forward for the Bills to have camp at St. John Fisher. The school is still getting it ready for the team and it didn't sound like there is a chance that it wouldnt happen there. But I could see a possible shorter camp at Fisher, so they can get back home and let Fisher have the college in time for the students arriving.

Hey let's not pile on bobDVA. He's absolutely right (although I have zero respect for anyone here).

He (jack) was trying to be cute when the new uniforms were released by posting..well...uh..anything he could. So he starts a thread about the Jets. Way to go! Awesome job. Hey, btw...what qualifies one to be a super world class moderator on this site? Post count? Stupid topics started? Going against the grain to be different?

Scenerio: Draft Day. Bills select #3 Marcell Dareus with #1 pick.

Threads on Twobillsdrive.com abound about this.

Jack starts thread titled "In non draft news, Matt Hasselbeck's wife roots for the Seattle Seahawks on Gameday."

Post count now increases to an awe-inspiring 18,000+ posts.

Super duper wow..

I'm friggin impressed. Good job...yay...

Good keep em out of NY, they are the Jersey Jets,... Maybe go practice at the Jersey shore

We'll gladly take their $$$ in CNY. Approx $5.8M according to Yahoo:

ECONOMIC IMPACT: According to a university report, training camp attracted 41,000 visitors the first two weeks in August last year, from 32 states and four Canadian provinces, while spending $2.6 million. Though nearly 90 percent were from New York, 59 of 62 counties were represented. The overall economic effect has been pegged at $5.8 million, with spectators at last summer’s camp accounting for 82 percent of that spending. The school would lose more than 60 three-week sports management internships if camp must be canceled.
All lost this year.