Dood pees in reservoir, city dumps 8 million gallons

Beerball

Public health officials say, however, that urine is sterile in healthy people

I knew that.

(It's actually a good bit of trivia to know, if you're ever in India and get hit in the eyes by a spitting cobra...)

Holy smoke... I wouldnt drink a drop there, not because of the urine but for it being treated and then left in the open... The real issue: "...workers have found animal carcasses, paint cans, construction material, fireworks debris and even the plastic bags people use to scoop up after their dogs, said David Shaff, administrator of the city water bureau..."

I saw Bear Grylls talk about elephant pee being sterile....never knew human pee was as well

I knew that.

(It's actually a good bit of trivia to know, if you're ever in India and get hit in the eyes by a spitting cobra...)

Holy smoke... I wouldnt drink a drop there, not because of the urine but for it being treated and then left in the open... The real issue: "...workers have found animal carcasses, paint cans, construction material, fireworks debris and even the plastic bags people use to scoop up after their dogs, said David Shaff, administrator of the city water bureau..."

I grew up on well water chances are irt was cleaner than this reservoir. Not to mention it is highly likely that some other dude let the pee fly and was not caught on camera.

Urine = sterile so it doesnt matter, however with decomposing corpses and poo come a whole lot of bacteria that can make a person pretty ill to say the least. Then again I dont know how much of a factor dillution is, maybe if you get one of these critters your body will simply kill it off.