51-year-old actor marries 16-year-old

was looking at these articles earlier. THAT is 16?!? Really?!?

Looking at the google image search results for her, she already looks like a haggard, plastic surgery addicted, SoCal 40-something.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Courtney+Alexis+Stodden&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1101&bih=658

Lucky SOB. From the smirk on his face I think he knows he pulled a fast one & he is probably thinking yeah I am going to be tapping that for the next 25 years. Life is good.

And you thought you hated him in The Green Mile! :lol:

Never underestimate a chick with Daddy issues.

Mom's got a serious case of denial, however.

"Courtney was a virgin when she married Doug," said Krista Stoddden. "She is a good Christian girl.

Lucky Creepy SOB. From the smirk on his face I think he knows he pulled a fast one & he is probably thinking yeah I am going to be tapping that for the next 25 years. Life is good.

Dude, nothing lucky there. Just gross.

Dude, nothing lucky there. Just gross.

Yeah your right. It is pretty creepy. I suppose the parents could of said no(which I would of done if it was my daughter)but then what happens is she probably waits to for 2 years, marries him anyways & she disowns her parents for the rest of her life.

Legally, does a marriage cancel out the laws for statutory rape?

Usually to a degree. But 18 isnt the legal age in many states. It's usually 17, even 16 in some states down south.

Here in Georgia, a person (male or female) can legally have sex with a 15 year old IF they marry said 15 year old. Of course, the age of consent here is 16 so...

Nevada is 16 as well.

California is 18 though. But yes, them being married trumps that.

If you read the details in most of the "Hot for Teacher" articles, they usually say something along the lines of "even though the student was over the legal age of 17, there is another law that makes it illegal if the minor is a student at the same school/district where the adult teaches".

Edited by DrDareustein

Put me in the camp of not believing she is 16.

Me too. Smells like a PR stunt to generate headlines in an attempt to jumpstart her country music career. No one would be paying attention if she was 19.

Me too. Smells like a PR stunt to generate headlines in an attempt to jumpstart her country music career. No one would be paying attention if she was 19.

I thought PR stunt immediately, but then I saw who the actor was. Wouldn't you want to actually marry someone people have heard of if you're trying to jumpstart a career?

I thought PR stunt immediately, but then I saw who the actor was. Wouldn't you want to actually marry someone people have heard of if you're trying to jumpstart a career?

Assuming she is 16-19, she's getting in the gold digging game early. He's a good start as Im sure he has some connections. She'll upgrade in a matter of months. That is, if it doesnt end in a murder/suicide first.