Creaking Bed

The Big Cat

Got a brand new platform bed three weeks ago. Foam mattress sits atop.

Just starting creaking like Hell the other night.

What do I do?

Tighten the slats?

Wedge something beneath the cross joint close to where the creak seems to come from?

Anyone with experience in this, any input is appreciated.

Sex jokes also welcome, but I've got some time tonight for repairs, so real solutions are most desirable!

Sex jokes also welcome, but I've got some time tonight for repairs, so real solutions are most desirable!

He must be too big for you... May I suggest a new boyfriend or some lube?

I'd take off the box spring, see if the slats are level; sounds like one may be bowing. I had that problem and i just put a shim under the support and it fixed the problem.

He must be too big for you... May I suggest a new boyfriend or some lube?

I'd take off the box spring, see if the slats are level; sounds like one may be bowing. I had that problem and i just put a shim under the support and it fixed the problem.

No box spring, comfortpedic mattress. I'm going to monkey with it tonight.

Thanks, gentlemen. I appreciate your assistance.

Problem: one of the planks rubs against the side of the drawer box on my side of the bed (lots of storage in my giant hunk of wood).

On the opposite side though, there's a good half inch vertical AND horizontal clearance between the plank and the drawer box, leading me to believe that assembly ($60) was sub-par. A call to Sleep City Chicago, now on tap.

Thanks, gentlemen. I appreciate your assistance.

Problem: one of the planks rubs against the side of the drawer box on my side of the bed (lots of storage in my giant hunk of wood).

On the opposite side though, there's a good half inch vertical AND horizontal clearance between the plank and the drawer box, leading me to believe that assembly ($60) was sub-par. A call to Sleep City Chicago, now on tap.

Be a little less vigorous in your sexcapades.....