Today is the greatest Fathers Day EVER!!!!!

The Poojer

my middle son is on his way up to philly to stay with me for the summer, then 2 of my dearest friends in the entire world called to say they were swinging through town, so we met at my local watering hole in Malvern PA....what an unbelievable surprise....

my middle son is on his way up to philly to stay with me for the summer, then 2 of my dearest friends in the entire world called to say they were swinging through town, so we met at my local watering hole in Malvern PA....what an unbelievable surprise....

Let me guess...the watering hole you speak of is McKenzie's.

Good god no..not that I don't like mckenzies...but flying pig in malvern....then when they left, s. Philly taproom with my boy....greatest fathers day EVER

Let me guess...the watering hole you speak of is McKenzie's.

Finished by Perch Pub on Avenue of The Arts

There are so many great pubs in south philly it's ridiculous. I didn't have the opportunity to spend as much time at them as I would have liked since I was in school FT and working fT, but the passion and culture in that part of the city is amazing.

I follow lots of beer bars on Twitter and Facebook, so I get a good handle on the taps...and I pick an area, last weekend was n.libs/fishtown and walk from bar to bar...I am loving this city for that reason alone

There are so many great pubs in south philly it's ridiculous. I didn't have the opportunity to spend as much time at them as I would have liked since I was in school FT and working fT, but the passion and culture in that part of the city is amazing.

I follow lots of beer bars on Twitter and Facebook, so I get a good handle on the taps...and I pick an area, last weekend was n.libs/fishtown and walk from bar to bar...I am loving this city for that reason alone

Whenever I see one of your threads talking about Philly, it's like I get butterflies in my stomach remembering just how much I loved it there. I can't even tell you how close I've been to moving back....just seems like something always keeps me here in ATL just a bit longer.

People think I'm nuts when I tell them that one of the things I miss most is SEPTA lol...I really think people take it for granted, cause for me it's like having a passport to quite literally ANYWHERE I wanted or needed to go. I miss late nights of WIP radio when I was working corporate security...walking around campus at Temple U...grabbing a beer and a sandwich at a local pub...comcast sports net...the diversity...the weather (I love having a balanced four seasons)...I could go on and on.

If I ever move back, we need to hit a game...the beer's on me! :thumbsup:

don't friend me on facebook or twitter, cus when i am on one of my walking tours, i check in and comment on most places with what i am currently drinking...that could really cause you agida...

Whenever I see one of your threads talking about Philly, it's like I get butterflies in my stomach remembering just how much I loved it there. I can't even tell you how close I've been to moving back....just seems like something always keeps me here in ATL just a bit longer.

People think I'm nuts when I tell them that one of the things I miss most is SEPTA lol...I really think people take it for granted, cause for me it's like having a passport to quite literally ANYWHERE I wanted or needed to go. I miss late nights of WIP radio when I was working corporate security...walking around campus at Temple U...grabbing a beer and a sandwich at a local pub...comcast sports net...the diversity...the weather (I love having a balanced four seasons)...I could go on and on.

If I ever move back, we need to hit a game...the beer's on me! :thumbsup:

don't friend me on facebook or twitter, cus when i am on one of my walking tours, i check in and comment on most places with what i am currently drinking...that could really cause you agida...

Im pretty good at living vicariously, though :D

Pooj...I just moved from Manayunk to Northern Liberties. Great area and it is really becoming the place to live in Philadelphia. Having been here for more than 3 years and seeing many parts of the city through my job, I can say without hesitation that it is the ideal place to live for someone with the types of interests that I have (drinking good beer, live music, great food).

When you did your tour of NoLibs/Fishtown, was the new Stephen Starr Biergarten one of your stops? I have been there twice in the last two weeks and it is great. Best of all is its a 3 and half minute walk for me. In addition, the Piazza is 3 blocks away and Standard Tap, The Foodery, and a brand new 100,000 square foot shopping center that is currently under construction is all within a few blocks from me.

You should hit me up if you are going to be doing some day drinking in the future in the area again. I am always down and can introduce you to some great people for the sake of networking.

it was one of my planned stops...i started at Yards and was going to go from there to Philly Brewing...walking mind you....i was very pleasantly surprised when Frankford Beer Garden was right there on my way. Stopped for a couple beers...had some Spaetzel, then made my way to PBC...did the tour and tasting, then went across the street to Lost Bar/Atlantis....then homeward bound back to Malvern....great time...glad i did it...

Love to hook up down there sometime...I will let you know when i venture out there again...I went to So. Philly yesterday to the S. Philly Taproom....another little gem of a place.

Pooj...I just moved from Manayunk to Northern Liberties. Great area and it is really becoming the place to live in Philadelphia. Having been here for more than 3 years and seeing many parts of the city through my job, I can say without hesitation that it is the ideal place to live for someone with the types of interests that I have (drinking good beer, live music, great food).

When you did your tour of NoLibs/Fishtown, was the new Stephen Starr Biergarten one of your stops? I have been there twice in the last two weeks and it is great. Best of all is its a 3 and half minute walk for me. In addition, the Piazza is 3 blocks away and Standard Tap, The Foodery, and a brand new 100,000 square foot shopping center that is currently under construction is all within a few blocks from me.

You should hit me up if you are going to be doing some day drinking in the future in the area again. I am always down and can introduce you to some great people for the sake of networking.