Wisconsin SC rules on collective bargaining law

How do you think the CT union workers will vote? My colleague says he predicts that they'll vote "no," the last (and cheapest) workers will be laid-off, and the older workers will work more OT, resulting in more money spent than before, and they'll retire in a couple years with a higher pension.

Who knows, but I have zero faith that Malloy & pals will do anything but totally capitulate if it's voted down. In fact, that's probably the plan -- no real reform happens but they can say "oh look, we tried!"

p.s. amazing how CT was able to function as one of the lowest taxed states in the union 30 years ago. Now we're top 3 and these idiots want another billion from the taxpayers. Thanks Lowell.

Edited by KD in CT

Who knows, but I have zero faith that Malloy & pals will do anything but totally capitulate if it's voted down. In fact, that's probably the plan -- no real reform happens but they can say "oh look, we tried!"

No need to capitulate. Just do what my colleague said he'll do, and it will give the appearance of doing something in response. Except it will only make things worse. Gee, where have we heard that before? :rolleyes:

p.s. amazing how CT was able to function as one of the lowest taxed states in the union 30 years ago. Now we're top 3 and these idiots want another billion from the taxpayers. Thanks Lowell.

Gotta pay for all the welfare recipients. People are moving to CT because the benefits are better and easier to get (direct quote by a medicaid patient to one of the ENT surgeons I work with). And people with jobs are moving out. Great.

Now the union is asking teachers to provide their bank account information so the union can take money out directly:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/education/123971539.html

I wonder how that's going to work... But pBills - feel free to contact them, I'm sure they'd love your money. With limited collective bargaining, I'm not sure what they'll USE the money for, but hey...

Now the union is asking teachers to provide their bank account information so the union can take money out directly:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/education/123971539.html

I wonder how that's going to work... But pBills - feel free to contact them, I'm sure they'd love your money. With limited collective bargaining, I'm not sure what they'll USE the money for, but hey...

You know what the unions say: If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em.

Figured some might like to read about this:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/124355119.html

The democrat running in one of the recall elections in Wisconsin used her school email address to illegally (allegedly) manage the campaign. I don't have a huge issue with that, but I do have an issue with the comment she made in email:

"We are not supposed to use school email, but since all of our rights are being taken away, I don't frankly care," Moore wrote in a March 10 email to discuss an emergency teachers union meeting and the distribution of her recall papers.

(the whole concept of a union contract being a "right" is also ludicrous, but hey).

"We are not supposed to use school email, but since all of our rights are being taken away, I don't frankly care," Moore wrote in a March 10 email to discuss an emergency teachers union meeting and the distribution of her recall papers.

Well she certainly seems to have the right attitude for public service.

Edited by Roger Goodell