Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it

/dev/null

:wallbash: IT'S THE NAME OF THE DOCUMENT, YOU LITTLE PEZ-HEADS!

I wonder if there might be a bit of a reading comprehension thing in this one too. I wonder how many kids are going to bother to read through all of those questions that were a bit longer. But either way, there's definitely a lack of teaching involved here. I realized while reading the first line in that article that I was never taught a single thing about the Korean War at any point when I was in school. I guess that means there's a decent change I might have gotten the Korean War too (well, if not for a bit of common sense).

Whew! I'm safe - scored a 6/6.

(I always take the test, if it's included, just to make sure I'm not as dumb as the kids included in the sample.)

In other encouraging news, Buffalo's own 4-year H.S. graduation rate dropped another 6 points, and now stands at 47.4%...

Link - Graduation rate drops for Buffalo high schools

Whew! Me too...6/6.

No Child Left Behind = "Pass them all if you want to get funding. Dont worry if they actually learn anything".

One of the worst things to happen to our education system.

Apparently the Buffalo School District did not get that memo...

Buffalo's embattled schools took another hit Tuesday, as the system's already low high school graduation rate dipped almost 6 percentage points last June to below 50 percent...Across the state, the overall graduation rate improved slightly, with 73.4 percent of the students who started ninth grade in 2006 graduating by last June, up from 71.8 percent in 2009.

Buffalo enjoyed no such success. Its graduation rate dropped from 53.1 percent in 2009 to 47.4 percent last June.

link

Apparently the Buffalo School District did not get that memo...

Buffalo's embattled schools took another hit Tuesday, as the system's already low high school graduation rate dipped almost 6 percentage points last June to below 50 percent...Across the state, the overall graduation rate improved slightly, with 73.4 percent of the students who started ninth grade in 2006 graduating by last June, up from 71.8 percent in 2009.

Buffalo enjoyed no such success. Its graduation rate dropped from 53.1 percent in 2009 to 47.4 percent last June.

link

I saw that this week. Leave it to Buffalo to be the only district in the country who hasnt figured out how to cheat the system.

Dont believe for one second that the education from a city school here in Atlanta, or in LA, or most other metropolitan areas is any better. The only difference is the teachers in those schools know to give the kids the test answers so they pass.

6-7 years ago I was at a party at a friends house and there was a guy sitting next to me and I was introduced to him, someone indicated he was from south korea...i wound up asking him if that was the good korea or the bad korea...it was never really something i cared to know about in my life...i watched mash and that was about it as far as my education goes on Korea...i wouldn't necessarily blame our educational system for people not knowing these kinds of things...more a general 'i will know it if it is important for me to know it' mentality. I have read stories about where edison never bothered to learn his phone number, because he knew where to find his phone number in case he ever needed it....

6-7 years ago I was at a party at a friends house and there was a guy sitting next to me and I was introduced to him, someone indicated he was from south korea...i wound up asking him if that was the good korea or the bad korea...it was never really something i cared to know about in my life...i watched mash and that was about it as far as my education goes on Korea...i wouldn't necessarily blame our educational system for people not knowing these kinds of things...more a general 'i will know it if it is important for me to know it' mentality. I have read stories about where edison never bothered to learn his phone number, because he knew where to find his phone number in case he ever needed it....

First of all: if you had time to learn that, you had time to learn which Korea was the "bad" one.

Second: but in your defense, you didn't learn it. It's Einstein, not Edison.

i knew it was either edison or norman einstein....i picked the wrong jeanyus...and like i said...i know i learned it, but there is no way i would have said with any certainty that north was bad and south was good...mmmmkay....needless to say, there is a good chance i would have answered it incorrectly on a test..

First of all: if you had time to learn that, you had time to learn which Korea was the "bad" one.

Second: but in your defense, you didn't learn it. It's Einstein, not Edison.

Whew! I'm safe - scored a 6/6.

(I always take the test, if it's included, just to make sure I'm not as dumb as the kids included in the sample.)

In other encouraging news, Buffalo's own 4-year H.S. graduation rate dropped another 6 points, and now stands at 47.4%...

Link - Graduation rate drops for Buffalo high schools

Me too.

Hey, if we ever have to go back to 4th grade - we'd rule. We'd RULE!

6 out of 6 correct.

You too Jack. We'd make it to Harvard and beyond.

i knew it was either edison or norman einstein....i picked the wrong jeanyus...and like i said...i know i learned it, but there is no way i would have said with any certainty that north was bad and south was good...mmmmkay....needless to say, there is a good chance i would have answered it incorrectly on a test..

It's Alfred Einstein, retard.