Working in Your Underwear

ajzepp

If I had to choose between working from home full-time, or traveling most of the time, it's an easy EASY choice. Im choosing working from home every time.

Ive traveled a bunch for work and it's not nearly as fun or as sexy as people imagine. God bless ya BuffaloBill, I know I couldnt do it on the reg.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other people have mentioned having a dedicated home office area where you do nothing but work from. I believe (consult with your tax adviser) that if you did this, you could write off that portion of your house, FWIW. Just don't ever ever ever use it for anything else.

Personally, I wouldn't want to work from home full time. I like the flexibility of being able to do it whenever I want to -- but I think the office interactions are too important. There's a lot of things that are decided based purely on hallway conversations you have with people. Working at home, you miss that.

Other people have mentioned having a dedicated home office area where you do nothing but work from. I believe (consult with your tax adviser) that if you did this, you could write off that portion of your house, FWIW. Just don't ever ever ever use it for anything else.

Yep. I've done that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to work from home full time. I like the flexibility of being able to do it whenever I want to -- but I think the office interactions are too important. There's a lot of things that are decided based purely on hallway conversations you have with people. Working at home, you miss that.

I'm in the government sphere. What is this "decided" you're talking about?

I know of at least one government agency that has a policy of keeping every document in "draft" status, so they're never committed to anything.

Yeah, it clearly depends on the type of work. In my job, I'm on a team but I'm also loosely in competition with every other RN who works at the Atlanta site. All 200 of us are ranked at the end of the year in terms of our performance metrics, and raises and bonuses are calculated accordingly. I really don't depend on anyone else but myself and my supervisor. Last year (my first at this company) I earned a small $300 performance bonus, but the top people can earn up to about $5k, in addition to a merit raise AND their cost of living raise. So I'm better off not having anyone here to distract me lol.

Yeah, it clearly depends on the type of work. In my job, I'm on a team but I'm also loosely in competition with every other RN who works at the Atlanta site. All 200 of us are ranked at the end of the year in terms of our performance metrics, and raises and bonuses are calculated accordingly. I really don't depend on anyone else but myself and my supervisor. Last year (my first at this company) I earned a small $300 performance bonus, but the top people can earn up to about $5k, in addition to a merit raise AND their cost of living raise. So I'm better off not having anyone here to distract me lol.

No one except the few thousand TBD members, and the rest of the internet community! :thumbsup:

No one except the few thousand TBD members, and the rest of the internet community! :thumbsup:

lol, true true...if only I could just close a browser whenever I didn't feel like talking to someone in real life! :w00t:

Would love to know who the customer service people work for.

Linky

While the site itself is geared towards women, there is work from home opportunities and suggestions(for men and women) posted on her site.

These are legit opportunities as she has been featured on GMA numerous times.

Linky

While the site itself is geared towards women, there is work from home opportunities and suggestions(for men and women) posted on her site.

These are legit opportunities as she has been featured on GMA numerous times.

I work in telesales. So its a very easy transititon to working at home.

TMI

:sick::bag:

May be food poisoning, but not as bad as I had it 10 years ago.That time I was at a store and asked the EMTs to take me to the ER.

Slept only 4 hours last night. Wrote that right after I woke up. Still out of it.

I had to telework for 5 days taking a Remedy certification course. It was fun to work in my underwear if I felt like it.

The training was so intense, the pets were scared when I came out of my room to grab food or whatever.

I ended up growing a beard during that week.

I had to telework for 5 days taking a Remedy certification course. It was fun to work in my underwear if I felt like it.

The training was so intense, the pets were scared when I came out of my room to grab food or whatever.

I ended up growing a beard during that week.

:lol: