Fred Jackson Aims To Be NFL Total Yardage Leader Past Age 30

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will Fred Top Marcus Allen 6718 yards past age 30?

Fred Jackson is now 30 but has light wear on his 30 year old tires. Here is a look at NFL running backs and fullbacks past the age of 30:

#1 Marcus Allen - 117 games, 70 starts, 1241 rush attempts, 4968 rush yards, 60 tds, 199 receptions, 1750 receiving yards, 5 receiving tds, 6718 total yards

#2 Walter Payton - 60 games, 60 starts, 1172 rush attempts, 5101 rush yards, 32 tds, 164 receptions, 1450 receiving yards, 6 receiving tds, 6551 total yards

#3 Emmitt Smith - 86 games, 81 starts, 1495 rush attempts, 5789 rush yards, 39 tds, 100 receptions, 615 receiving yards, 2 receiving tds, 6404 total yards

#4 John Riggins - 80 games, 67 starts, 1510 rush attempts, 5683 rush yards, 71 tds, 62 receptions, 362 receiving yards, 3 receiving tds, 6045 total yards

Fred Jackson has a simiar gait to Payton and Allen, and while he lacks their speed there is a certain cerebralness to his playing style that reminds me of Marcus Allen. Both Payton and Allen where amazing goal-line and short yardage converters and leapers which is something Jackson is not.

Longevity will be key for Jackson to challenge these numbers. If Jackson could mirror Allen in terms of all-round game he could stick around another 7 like Allen.

Is it possible D-III can top this list when he hangs em up?

Edited by BiggieScooby

I would like to see him aim to be the NFL total TD leader past 30. I love Fred Jackson but people are obsessed with yards and yards per carry and seem to have completely forgotten about TD production.

Edited by PDaDdy

A tremendous amount of this measure has to do with how the offense is designed, and how often the team plays with a lead. Looking back over the last few years, it doesn't bode well for Freddy regarding playing with a lead.

I still voted yes, even though the top names on that list are impressive.