Holy crap!!!

ajzepp

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with saying ""??? :unsure:

The inventor of the Western toilet was named John Crapper. It took off from there, as verbiage is bound to do, but over the centuries, it's remained a mostly benign term, on the level of "darn."

Why the Puritan-level prudishness?

In other news, I've apparently lost the title of "Biggest Nerd on the Board..."

Sorry, Tom. By far, you still wear the mantle, so go ahead and re-nestle it. It should fit right back into the grooves it's worn around your neck.

The inventor of the Western toilet was named John Crapper. It took off from there, as verbiage is bound to do, but over the centuries, it's remained a mostly benign term, on the level of "darn."

Why the Puritan-level prudishness?

According to Wikipedia, Crapper also invented the ball-rooster

Edited by ajzepp

It is an attempt to circumvent the language filter, which is not allowed.

The language filter filters "crap"? :unsure:

Sorry, Tom. By far, you still wear the mantle, so go ahead and re-nestle it. It should fit right back into the grooves it's worn around your neck.

Nuh-uh. You made a science fiction reference that even I didn't get.

While I'm sure I'll regain the title in no time, for now...The king is dead, long live the new king.

Nuh-uh. You made a science fiction reference that even I didn't get.

While I'm sure I'll regain the title in no time, for now...The king is dead, long live the new king.

Yeah, "Doctor Who" has only been around for... sixty years.

OK. Avatar and sig are changed to reflect this momentous occasion regarding my role on this board.

Yeah, "Doctor Who" has only been around for... sixty years.

OK. Avatar and sig are changed to reflect this momentous occasion regarding my role on this board.

I didn't say it wasn't old (and yes, I know what the TARDIS is)...but "Gallifreyan"? Come on...that's seriously hard-core.

In other news, I've apparently lost the title of "Biggest Nerd on the Board..."

You're ceding your title to someone who JUST discovered a four-year old app?

No, I'm ceding my title to someone who made a Dr. Who reference that maybe eight people on the planet would get.

Try to keep up... :wallbash:

At least now we dont' have to wonder who holds the title for greatest lack of reading comprehension ;)

No, I'm ceding my title to someone who made a Dr. Who reference that maybe eight people on the planet would get.

Try to keep up... :wallbash:

I guess I need to update my Geekspeek app.

From Wikipedia:

The official iPhone app for Google Translate was released February 8, 2011. It accepts voice input for 15 languages and allows translation of a word or phrase into one of more than 50 languages. Translations can be spoken out loud in 23 different languages.[16]

Edited by ajzepp

From Wikipedia:

The official iPhone app for Google Translate was released February 8, 2011. It accepts voice input for 15 languages and allows translation of a word or phrase into one of more than 50 languages. Translations can be spoken out loud in 23 different languages.[16]

But will it translate "crap" into "molasses"?

From Wikipedia:

In August 2008, Google launched a Google Translate HTML5 web app for iPhone users.

In August 2008, Google launched a Google Translate HTML5 web app for iPhone users.

If you read my initial post, what I was most impressed with and the reason I thought this was truly remarkable was because of the voice recognition aspect. That didn't come out until 4 months ago. Not saying I would have known the difference if it HAD come out four years ago, as you asserted, but still...

But will it translate "crap" into "molasses"?

Yes, but only if you choose "English to Polish"

If you read my initial post, what I was most impressed with and the reason I thought this was truly remarkable was because of the voice recognition aspect. That didn't come out until 4 months ago. Not saying I would have known the difference if it HAD come out four years ago, as you asserted, but still...

The input voice recognition is new. But with the old app - you would write in English, the app would translate and speak the sentence out through the phone's speaker in the foreign language. So 1/2 the functionality already existed prior to this year.

According to Wikipedia, Crapper also invented the ball-rooster

I had to replace one of those recently. :lol::blush:

Yes, but only if you choose "English to Polish"

And if you would have used "English to German" it would have changed it to ball-rooster. :devil:

I had to replace one of those recently. :lol::blush:

Just to be clear: we can't put "crap" in a thread title...

...but it's okay for you to mention that you've recently replaced the ball rooster in your crapper.

Just to be clear: we can't put "crap" in a thread title...

...but it's okay for you to mention that you've recently replaced the ball rooster in your crapper.

:lol: