Internet access is a "Human Right" sez the UN

Beerball

I do believe it is a human right. It is what connects us to the rest of the world, and the internet will be what eventually brings democracy to China and helps bring down totalitarian regimes world wide. Behold the power of twitter to organize. Egypt is just the beginning

I do believe it is a human right. It is what connects us to the rest of the world, and the internet will be what eventually brings democracy to China and helps bring down totalitarian regimes world wide. Behold the power of twitter to organize. Egypt is just the beginning

You say that, above. Then have this in your sig: "Give back some of that money you ain't !@#$ing earned!"

You're freakin hilarious........... :lol: :lol:

You say that, above. Then have this in your sig: "Give back some of that money you ain't !@#$ing earned!"

You're freakin hilarious........... :lol: :lol:

um that was Eric Wood calling out Aaron Maybin and this is a Bills board. What does that have to do with my belief that everyone in the world should have access to the internet?

um that was Eric Wood calling out Aaron Maybin and this is a Bills board. What does that have to do with my belief that everyone in the world should have access to the internet?

The combination of the two I found entertaining. Maybe you should have given EW credit in your sig. then some of us would know who said it and to whom.

So if my internet supplier some how or someway cuts off or disconnects my internet I can sue for Human right violations?

I would believe that their are millions of folks around the world that would rather have fresh clean drinking water or a good meal instead of internet access. But WTF do I know.

The combination of the two I found entertaining. Maybe you should have given EW credit in your sig. then some of us would know who said it and to whom.

So if my internet supplier some how or someway cuts off or disconnects my internet I can sue for Human right violations?

I would believe that their are millions of folks around the world that would rather have fresh clean drinking water or a good meal instead of internet access. But WTF do I know.

If your internet gets shut off- go to the library. And nowhere did I put internet above food and water and love. More then 50% of the world lives on less then $2 a day. And over a billion in the world lack clean drinking water. This is one of the causes I am most interested in. Clean water will be the next oil the next 20 years. The world is in a state of desertification. Evil Bechtel attempted to privatize water in Bolivia. Clean water I would most definitely put at the top of human rights.

You know what else should be a human right? Hair care products. Because it's a documented fact that pretty people are more successful, and well-groomed hair goes a long way towards improving one's attractiveness. So if we make sure everyone in the world is provided with shampoo, a brush, and styling gel, everyone will be more successful and their lives will improve.

They might even improve to the point where they can afford internet connectivity and thus overthrow the Egyptian government.

At a 40,000feet level, like how the article is written, I can agree. A government should not be able to cut off access to the rest of the world as they did in Egypt, etc.

But if anyone reads this as "Each individual should be provided free internet access", then that is incorrect, and Id obviously disagree.

I think the differentiation (or lack there of) between the two will probably cause this thread to turn into a fight...

Oh look, just like I thought... :rolleyes:

You know what else should be a human right? Hair care products. Because it's a documented fact that pretty people are more successful, and well-groomed hair goes a long way towards improving one's attractiveness. So if we make sure everyone in the world is provided with shampoo, a brush, and styling gel, everyone will be more successful and their lives will improve.

They might even improve to the point where they can afford internet connectivity and thus overthrow the Egyptian government.

Edited by DrDareustein

At a 40,000feet level, like how the article is written, I can agree. A government should not be able to cut off access to the rest of the world as they did in Egypt, etc.

But if anyone reads this as "Each individual should be provided free internet access", then that is incorrect, and Id obviously disagree.

I think the differentiation (or lack there of) between the two will probably cause this thread to turn into a fight...

Oh look, just like I thought... :rolleyes:

!@#$ you!!!

:nana:

Who cares about place like Egypt and China shutting off internet, they have so many other issues, for the most part they treat their citizens like crap to begin with and treat women as second class citizens

Very ethnocentric of you. I am a citizen of the world

Very ethnocentric of you. I am a citizen of the world

And you being cacique. Nice picture of the naked Vietnamese girl in your avatar BTW.

Surprised the mods let that slide. Oh Well.

Edited by erynthered

I defend myself with the observation that, if the internet is a human right, then so are internet cripple fights. :D

They certainly make the (cyber)world go 'round! :thumbsup:

What's the old saying?... "Arguing on the internet is like entering the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded"

What's the old saying?... "Arguing on the internet is like entering the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded"

And I'm a gold medalist, mother!@#$er! :thumbsup:

"Old saying." How old can it possibly be?