He made me sign my signature, but I don't have

Beerball

And instead of using it to teach the kid to wear his seatbelt (while getting it secretly dropped), the parents will probably sue the town for "harrassing their special, precious baby" and the kid will learn nothing except that he's above the law.

And instead of using it to teach the kid to wear his seatbelt (while getting it secretly dropped), the parents will probably sue the town for "harrassing their special, precious baby" and the kid will learn nothing except that he's above the law.

But hey, he's a law abiding citizen. :rolleyes:

So so stupid.

The kid was wearing his seatbelt. He just leaned over to feel the wind on his face for a second.

The cop had several options...

Do nothing at all. :thumbsup:

Pull 'em over to give the kid a warning and a valuable lesson in safety. <_< but :)

Give a ticket to a 10 year old. :thumbdown:

Actually, the cop should be ticketed for gross stupidity.

(As dib says, "Stupid should hurt.")

True, I definitely dont think the cop was correct in what he did. But whatever. Something is fishy, wonder what happened during the stop to make the cop do that? Or maybe he's just an idiot (likely). Still very weird.

Edited by DrDareustein

So so stupid.

The kid was wearing his seatbelt. He just leaned over to feel the wind on his face for a second.

The cop had several options...

Do nothing at all. :thumbsup:

Pull 'em over to give the kid a warning and a valuable lesson in safety. <_< but :)

Give a ticket to a 10 year old. :thumbdown:

That description didn't seem too clear to me. Did he just lean over or did he climb up a bit and actually stick his whole head out the window. If he climbed up and the cop saw it, I don't see too much of a problem with stopping them. His screw up was not giving the ticket to the driver though.

True, I definitely dont think the cop was correct in what he did. But whatever. Something is fishy, wonder what happened during the stop to make the cop do that? Or maybe he's just an idiot (likely). Still very weird.

This was, after all, in Texas. Cop was probably a Longhorn. B-)

Could be they have a "zero tolerance" policy in enforcing their "click it or ticket" campaign, and the cops was allowed to exercise exactly no judgement of his own.

Don't know that's the case...but it's certainly a possibility. God knows I've seen it enough in other contexts.