Dad dresses up & waves to bus to embarrass son

Beerball

Doesnt sound like his intention was to punish or embarrass the kid, but LOL!! The kid probably wont really appreciate it until he's well into his 20s.

Now THIS is how you use embarrassment as a punishment...

http://i.imgur.com/loVQJ.jpg

I think that his initial motive was to embarrass the kid, but then it grew into something else. Good one dad!

What's the deal with the kid having to ride the bus past his house every day? They're not just picking him up/dropping him off at the house then driving off? That part seemed strange to me. The rest is pretty funny though. So much effort for about 30 seconds of waving each day.

What's the deal with the kid having to ride the bus past his house every day? They're not just picking him up/dropping him off at the house then driving off? That part seemed strange to me. The rest is pretty funny though. So much effort for about 30 seconds of waving each day.

Normally for High Schools, they have one bus stop per neighborhood area. He probably has to walk a couple blocks up to the stop and gets on with a bunch of other kids. Since High Schools usually start their day earlier, and the buses are used next for Middle and Elementary school, the buses cant be delayed stopping at every house.

Sorry, but this guy is an idiot. There is something wrong with a guy that gets off on embarrassing his teenage kid (and himself) every day, when the kid has made it clear he's not enjoying it. As if most teenagers aren't self-conscious enough already, now he has to be the loser with the weird father?

"I hope this lives with him for the rest of his life," Price said. "He can use it against his kids and tell them, 'If you think you are embarrassed by me, you should have seen your grandfather.'"

Great philosophy dad.

Edited by KD in CT

Sorry, but this guy is an idiot. There is something wrong with a guy that gets off on embarrassing his teenage kid (and himself) every day, when the kid has made it clear he's not enjoying it. As if most teenagers aren't self-conscious enough already, now he has to be the loser with the weird father?

Great philosophy dad.

I agree with this guy. Actually, to me, sounds like the dad has some issues, might be a gay.

Actually, it's pretty funny - but if I'm the kid, I'm probably more embarrassed that my dad apparently doesn't have a job, nor any interest in finding one!

You don't have a leg to stand on with that argument....I read the blog , saw all the pictures. The Dad was a sucessful owner of a a few paintball arenas, so he that argument may not be supported.

You don't have a leg to stand on with that argument....I read the blog , saw all the pictures. The Dad was a sucessful owner of a a few paintball arenas, so he that argument may not be supported.

:o

You do realize I'm a double amputee, confined to a wheelchair, yes?

You do realize I'm a double amputee, confined to a wheelchair, yes?

How the heck would he know that?

I think this kids dad is either a complete jerk or a total mental case. Either way, the kid was probably embarrassed before he ever began dressing up.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

I think this kids dad is either a complete jerk or a total mental case. Either way, the kid was probably embarrassed before he ever began dressing up.

I think the Dad was just pulling the kids leg and it just kept going. It actually started when the mother said "lets do something funny" and it just snowballed from there

There you go again, with the leg jokes.

The mother was the catalyst in this fiasco, she is the one that should be kicked to the curb. She got this started and then just started snapping pictures.

The mother was the catalyst in this fiasco, she is the one that should be kicked to the curb. She got this started and then just started snapping pictures.

I know I'm not going out on a limb here whan I say I think you have the mother pegged.

Don't judge until you've walked a mile in her shoes.