Jim Kelly Celebrity Golf Classic

Jim hasn't always been a saint but his foundation and cause are first class. Kudos to Jim for helping to improve the world around us:

"Through Hunter's Hope, Kelly has crusaded for the expansion of newborn screening tests across the country. The Center for Disease Control & Prevention recently cited advancements in newborn screening among the 10 great public health achievements in the United States from 2001 to 2010. New York screens newborns for 54 diseases; it screened for just 11 when Kelly's son, Hunter, was born in 1997. New York is the only state that screens for Krabbe disease, which afflicted Hunter Kelly, but three other states (New Mexico, Illinois and Missouri) have passed laws to begin screening for it."

The article touches on Kelly's recent health struggles… he had back surgery to remove two disintegrated discs in his lower back and has a plate "installed."

"It got to a point where I couldn't even play basketball with my daughter anymore," Kelly said. "When I got up in the morning, it took me 15, 20 minutes to even get loose. I couldn't put socks on anymore. That's not a way to live. From hits, twisting the body, a little bit of everything. It's just been getting worse and worse and worse. I couldn't handle the pain anymore."

http://www.buffalone...ticle446029.ece

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan