AEG tells LA City Council framework for staduim by 7/31

The NFL is better off without a team in LA.

Now they can use the threat of moving a team to extort new stadium deals for any team needing improvements.

In addition, the networks are free to televise whatever games they want in LA - without being forced to televise games of a crappy LA team back to its home market.

A few things that stand out and possibly scare me about this:

1st in the article they are claiming it will be more than 1 team, that up to 6 teams need to be relocated to compete in the league.

2nd is the comment about LA potentially fielding 2 teams or at least being able to support it.

3rd is more of a standout, how can LA claim that they can fund and fill a stadium when thier own Dodgers have had to recieve help from MLB just to pay for the monthly checks and upkeep if the team? I'm not I to baseball at all, but if you can't even sell out a 30,000 seat stadium what makes you think your going to sell 80k+ tickets for the NFL? I know it's a far superior product. But if the town is such a sports town, and with 6+ million people you should have no problems selling out a baseball game. Not to mention that the town has had it's shot multiple times and it always fails.

Just my .02

I'm not I to baseball at all, but if you can't even sell out a 30,000 seat stadium what makes you think your going to sell 80k+ tickets for the NFL?

Let's assume you're right and there are 30000 seats in dodger stadium (you're not). There are 82 home games in a baseball season, thats over 2.4 MILLION tickets that need to be sold versus, just over a million football tickets.

And it's in Chavez Ravine.

Just adding a little perspective here, don't fool yourself. If the NFL moves to LA, people will come to see the games. They'll sellout their stadium. They'll have all manner of corporate support, AND they'll have the benefit of the second largest TV market in the country. Just keepin it real, homie.

A few things that stand out and possibly scare me about this:

1st in the article they are claiming it will be more than 1 team, that up to 6 teams need to be relocated to compete in the league.

2nd is the comment about LA potentially fielding 2 teams or at least being able to support it.

3rd is more of a standout, how can LA claim that they can fund and fill a stadium when thier own Dodgers have had to recieve help from MLB just to pay for the monthly checks and upkeep if the team? I'm not I to baseball at all, but if you can't even sell out a 30,000 seat stadium what makes you think your going to sell 80k+ tickets for the NFL? I know it's a far superior product. But if the town is such a sports town, and with 6+ million people you should have no problems selling out a baseball game. Not to mention that the town has had it's shot multiple times and it always fails.

Just my .02

Dodgers ranked 9th among major league baseball teams in attendance/game after 31 home games this season.

LA Angels of Anaheim ranked 4th after 28 home games.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

==================================================

The Dodgers' recent financial problems are largely (but not solely) the result of incredibly bad financial management by married co-owners who compounded the problem by seeking an extremely ugly and financially draining divorce:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-dodgers-mccourts

The NFL is better off without a team in LA.

Now they can use the threat of moving a team to extort new stadium deals for any team needing improvements.

In addition, the networks are free to televise whatever games they want in LA - without being forced to televise games of a crappy LA team back to its home market.

Excellent point.

LA is into basketball and baseball. Football would be a distant third.

Excellent point.

LA is into basketball and baseball. Football would be a distant third.

That lack of interest also led to blackouts in the past - which are totally avoided in the 2nd largest TV market without a team in LA

Networks actually pay more for rights fees with no team in LA since they are guaranteed no blackouts

Besides the fact that L.A. has already had what 2 chances at supporting an NFL team & both times they have moved why should they get a third chance . I know they say 3rd times a charm but give us a break .

Buffalo has supported the Bills through thick & thin that's the kind of devotion you need to keep a team in a great city like Buffalo .

Then there is the fact that the state of California is broke how can they honestly say that the state can put up any money up for a stadium & have the NFL believe it in any way ?

California has there teams leave it the way it is every one involved but the dreamers in L.A. will be happy just the way it is !!

Way to much concern about a city that will never support an NFL Franchise. The state is borderline bankrupt and this idiot expects the taxpayers to front $350 million in bonds. He has the gall to put a 7/31 deadline (Or What?) Can you say "Turd in a Punch Bowl".

The Great Fans of the Bills will soon have a dedicated and committed owner who actually cares about this town. That person or group will immediately scrap the Toronto nonsense. Our great Canadian fans will always embrace the Bills in Buffalo as they always have.

Currently we have an owner who has made all his money in Buffalo and spends it in Detroit. 95% of any charitable contributions/endowments he makes is Detroit based. He continually puts down our city and has the nerve to give away the competitive advantage of 1 Home game every year out of complete greed. Why don't you kick some more sand in our face? The Bills fans should have been elected to the HOF, not that selfish SOB in Detroit. Hey Ralph...why don't you take some of that incredible raping from the Toronto deal and pay your employees?

Stay Proud Bills Fans...We will Succeed!

Let's assume you're right and there are 30000 seats in dodger stadium (you're not). There are 82 home games in a baseball season, thats over 2.4 MILLION tickets that need to be sold versus, just over a million football tickets.

Just adding a little perspective here, don't fool yourself. If the NFL moves to LA, people will come to see the games. They'll sellout their stadium. They'll have all manner of corporate support, AND they'll have the benefit of the second largest TV market in the country. Just keepin it real, homie.

I disagree. They will sell out the stadium as long as they are winning or until the novelty wears off which will not last long since they have already had & failed to support NFL football. LA is a fair weather town, they will support a winner but will not support a poor or average product. There is just too much stuff to do in that town. Look at USC's attendance last year for football. They did not sell out one game last year including a game against #1 Oregon October 30th.(Granted there stadium holds 90K +). Look at their crosstown rivals UCLA where home attendance for a PAC 10 game usually has 30k empty seats.

I am not saying that a football team could not make it there. Look they are the 2nd largest market in the country but they are going to need alot of corporate dollars to make this thing work. If they have to rely on the general public they are in big trouble unless they are competing year in & year out for the Lombardi Trophy.

A lot of people have opinionated on whether NFL football is finally, again viable in LA.

The Rams left in 1995… I think partly because the owner at the time, Georgia Frontiere wanted to move the team to her hometown? This is my recollection.

The Raiders also left in 1995. (Curiously the NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers baseball teams both moved to California in the same year, 1954, I think).

Anyways, 16 years have elapsed since these teams left LA.

I would be curious to see what the most recent market studies and professional consultants have found out about LA as an NFL market.

I disagree. They will sell out the stadium as long as they are winning or until the novelty wears off which will not last long since they have already had & failed to support NFL football. LA is a fair weather town, they will support a winner but will not support a poor or average product. There is just too much stuff to do in that town. Look at USC's attendance last year for football. They did not sell out one game last year including a game against #1 Oregon October 30th.(Granted there stadium holds 90K +). Look at their crosstown rivals UCLA where home attendance for a PAC 10 game usually has 30k empty seats.

I am not saying that a football team could not make it there. Look they are the 2nd largest market in the country but they are going to need alot of corporate dollars to make this thing work. If they have to rely on the general public they are in big trouble unless they are competing year in & year out for the Lombardi Trophy.

The scandals took alot of air out of the program , not to mention , its not like they were playing for a bowl birth.

Dodger Stadium holds about 56,000. But what does the fact that it's in Chavez Ravine have anything to do with it, or anything? Dodger Stadium is three miles from where they want to put the football stadium.

This thing is far from a done deal though.