ralph never fails...comments

(Rant incited by his bastardly 401k and pension stunt)

He just never fails to prove everyone right about how miserably cheap he is, and how counterproductive his actions are. I don't even say he has lost touch with the game anymore because that would insinuate that he ever had a clue in the first place. Our beloved Bills franchise is peppered with countless acts of stupidity that can be directly blamed on Ralph. Don't kid yourselves that he is anything more than a greedy owner.

His actions to help pioneer the AFL in the early days were his best contributions to the game, and they are well deserved, but they are also acts of a man protecting his investment at the time, and while I will always applaud him for those efforts, I am now ready for him to own up to his mess, stop trying to convince the world that NFL football is not economically viable in Buffalo, and allow a new owner with a passion for our city, and winning come in and get this dismal franchise back on track.

Look back at all the decisions he has made throughout the team's 50+ year history and try to not make any excuses for him while analyzing his decisions, and just see if it doesn't look like he was intentionally trying to fail. It's a business, I get it, you're in it to make money, yippee for you... and you(Ralph) have done that year in and year out without fail, but in the grand scheme of things, your decisions have produced only 17 out of a possible 51 playoff teams, and really 10 of those are due to Bill Polian, it becomes crystal clear that the bottom line and margin of profit are the only real concerns.

Margin of profits have given us the fans this blasphemous abomination I call the Toronto series. I guess 50k plus season ticket sales, record setting merchandise sales for sub par talent and lousy jersey designs weren't enough for us to take as fans, He had to give away one home game, just to cram his point down the world's throats that Buffalo needs that to survive. Sorry folks, WNY may not be Dallas or Miami(Thank Jesus in Heaven for that), this team has plenty of fan support, and a very large area in which to rely on to remain viable for decades to come, don't let ralphie pooh trick you that it's not.

I love this team and pray that we as fans get rewarded with a new owner in the mold of Terry Pegula, the city of Buffalo deserves it more than any other in the country, 50+ years of threats of moving and miserable decisions is about enough.

My rant, feel free to comment, bash, agree or post whatever you like, whether deserved or not, Ralph had this coming...

OHHH yes, and to punch just one more black eye to the faces of thousands of Bills fans everywhere, change the uniforms to something OTHER THAN the massively popular throwbacks that look timelessly classy to the butt-ugly, loserly 70's post Simpson era fodder. Thanks again.... seriously.... is this team a secret reality show?

are you really blaming a 92 year old for the decisions that he has obviously had to let others make..i bet when your 92 and there is a 92 PERCENT chance you wont see that age...someone is helping change your adult diapers let alone help you run a nfl franchise....lol your so off base on what this man is all about...you think he wants this...you actually think this is intentional..try this one for size...

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. (born October 17, 1918) is the founder, owner and president of NFL's Buffalo Bills. He was one of the founding owners of the American Football League, the league that the NFL merged with in 1970. He is the oldest owner in the National Football League, at age 92. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on August 8, 2009.

graduated from the University of Virginia and attended the University of Michigan Law School. At the University of Virginia he joined the Phi Delta Theta fraternity. He is a World War II veteran. After the war ended, he took over the successful insurance business of his father and invested in Michigan area mines and factories. He eventually purchased several manufacturing outlets, construction firms, and radio stations, and founded Ralph Wilson Industries.

A minority owner of the Detroit Lions, Wilson got wind of Lamar Hunt's plans for a new league, the American Football League, to challenge the NFL. He tried to put together a team in Miami, but was turned down. His next choice was Buffalo. In September 1959, Wilson sent Hunt a telegram with the words, "Count me in with Buffalo." He named his new team the Bills, after a previous team that had played in the All-America Football Conference from 1946 to 1949. On October 28, 1959 the Buffalo Bills officially became the seventh AFL team. Wilson made Professional Football a resounding success in a "small market," signing such stars as Cookie Gilchrist, Jack Kemp, and Tom Sestak and Hall of Famer Billy Shaw.

He was a guiding force in AFL policies that ensured success, such as gate and television revenue sharing; in 1961, with the rival Oakland Raiders in financial difficulty, Wilson loaned the club $400,000 and was also willing to loan money to Billy Sullivan of the Patriots. Wilson helped keep those franchises afloat, likely saving the entire league from folding. In November 1963, Wilson lobbied successfully to have American Football League games postponed the Sunday after President John F. Kennedy's assassination, while NFL games went on uninterrupted.

After the original naming rights deal on the Bills' current stadium expired in 1998, the facility's name was changed from Rich Stadium to Ralph Wilson Stadium. According to a recent article on msn.com, Wilson, described as "stubborn" has turned down numerous naming rights deals for the stadium [1]

Wilson continues to be one of the league's most outspoken owners. He was one of only two owners (the Cincinnati Bengals' Mike Brown being the other) to oppose the league's current collective bargaining agreement. He also negotiated a deal to have his team play home games in Toronto beginning in 2008.

Wilson maintains a permanent residence in Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan with his wife, Mary. He has three daughters, two of whom have involved in team business. Linda Bogdan (1948–2009), Pro Football's first female scout, was the franchise's Corporate Vice President up until her death. Another daughter, Christy Wilson Hofmann, currently serves as a consultant in the area of merchandising. The third daughter, Edith Wilson, is not involved with the franchise.

Ralph Wilson is a 1992 inductee of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame game, played the day after the 2009 inductions, strayed from the usual AFC-NFC format and instead was contested by two original American Football League teams: the Buffalo Bills and the Tennessee Titans (formerly the Houston Oilers). This matchup was announced after Wilson was elected. The Titans' owner, Bud Adams, is also the only owner his team has ever had, and the two are the only living members of the "Foolish Club", the founders of the original eight AFL teams. Wilson and Adams are thetwo of only three men who have owned a Professional Football franchise continuously for fifty years (George Halas, who owned the Chicago Bears from 1920 until his death in 1983, is the third). The Hall of Fame game on Sunday, August 9, was a kickoff to the 2009 season, which would have been the 50th season of play for the AFL, if the NFL had not merged with it.

after all is said and done if you have owned anything for 50 years...and had any success with it at all i wonder what others wiould say about you...the bills have had a horrible draft for a decade plus and horrible pr dept, scouting dept, and things are turning around now....AFTER THE 92 YEAR OLD SAID HE IS TAKING HIS REIGNS BACK AGAIN....ralph thanks for everything you have brought the buffalo...i live in chicago born and raised and i love to travel to buffalo for games....im as die hard as it can get...when i am 92 i can only hope i am getting hugged by a 350 # d lineman that i am going to pay.....you say buffalo is small market to the steelers and packers....lol you obviously dont see the money generated by those clubs...and by your post you probably couldnt comprehend it..INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO FAIL....ARE YOU HEARING YOURSELF...dude wtf kind of person invests his money for 50 years to something that is going to fail......ralph thanks...for a great character team...built on hard work....morals...and smarts....i hope to god we can bring you a championship before the good lord brings you home....stay strong for us my friend...their is a franchise that you built and rely on you....ill never forget that....FROM A REAL BILLS FAN...NOT LIVING IN BUFFALO....ps lets have our jerseys made into something that he created 30 years ago...and since he DIDNT REVERT BACK TO OLD TIMES and start a new chapter your upset....dude your either drunk as hell or just plain irrational....probably both.....get some sleep guy...

Edited by benbillsfan

WOW

I read this thread before seeing the the original "Ralph never fails" thread you are replying to. I thought you were having an argument with yourself. It was really quite amusing there for a minute, i was about to start chanting fight fight fight.

my apologies