Massachusetts turn now for tornados

Just Jack

Not good. Tornadoes - of all the natural disasters - are sheer chaos and to me, they're the worst.

Which type of natural disaster is the worst is a tough debate. In their most powerful forms I would argue that earthquakes are for worse than tornadoes as the damage can be far more widespread. If it also brings its cousin the tsunami then the impact is just that much worse.

Tornadoes can bring about complete destruction but usually it is in a narrow localized band.

Tough call and if you are a person whose home is destroyed or you've lost a loved one it is meaningless that it was one form of disaster as opposed to another.

I was nowhere near any of that, but I'm assuming the storm I got last night at around 9 was the same cell. It put on quite a show. The lightning might as well have been landing right across the street. There was something strange about it, the lightning seemed to be a different color than I'm used to.

that was a bizarre storm. It was a very funky sky, then bright and sunny, then hail started falling and intense lighting for 20 minutes, then bright and sunny, then funky sky again, then sun here on CT shore