Let's see how this is spun by the board...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty bad form.

Unless, y'know, he was a Democrat and someone else did it before him. Then it's perfectly okay.

Not true. He's wasting money by using that helicopter to go to a baseball game. Maybe I should just be bashing him for attending in general right?

NJ Taxpayer money. Where's the outrage!!!

All you've got is one helicopter flight?

Eight million more, and we're up to that wasteful and stupid pork-filled stimulus package the Democrats passed two years ago.

I mean, it's retarded...but not nearly as retarded as you trying to make an issue of it. :lol:

All you've got is one helicopter flight?

Eight million more, and we're up to that wasteful and stupid pork-filled stimulus package the Democrats passed two years ago.

I mean, it's retarded...but not nearly as retarded as you trying to make an issue of it. :lol:

Please if a Democrat did that this message board would be calling for his you tool. You know it.

I love how you bring up the Stimulus... usual crap it's only a Democrat thing right? Let me answer that for you. No.

Please if a Democrat did that this message board would be calling for his you tool. You know it.

Show me. Shouldn't be difficult...Democrats HAVE done it, I can think of two specific instances that were discussed on this board. So find my responses.

But one shouldn't lose sight of the fact that my post wasn't criticising Democrats or Republicans, it was criticizing your silliness.

Show me. Shouldn't be difficult...Democrats HAVE done it, I can think of two specific instances that were discussed on this board. So find my responses.

But one shouldn't lose sight of the fact that my post wasn't criticising Democrats or Republicans, it was criticizing your silliness.

Of course Democrats have done it. Not silliness to criticize the hypocrisy that goes on here.

As long as he's not spending Federal, Virginia, or Virginia Beach tax dollars it's none of my concern.

Any taxpayers from NJ care to comment?

This trip cost about $250 in gas, but probably saved 3 hours of time. I'm guessing that the governor's time is worth more than $80/hr.

This trip cost about $250 in gas, but probably saved 3 hours of time.

It's not like a car. The cost-per-trip is much higher after you factor in maintenance (which is usually at least a 1-1 relationship between hours of flight and hours of maintenance).

I'm guessing that the governor's time is worth more than $80/hr.

A politician? Maybe a tenth that.

It's not like a car. The cost-per-trip is much higher after you factor in maintenance (which is usually at least a 1-1 relationship between hours of flight and hours of maintenance).

True, but as with all of these things - the maintenance is routine, so it doesn't add incremental cost if Christie makes this trip or not, because the chopper probably would have done a 150 mile scenic lap of Central NJ.

Not to mention the most expensive part of the trip is the pilot's pay. I'd bet it's at least $150/hour.

A politician? Maybe a tenth that.

If even.

I think pBills wanted something more like this:

"I'm glad that he took a helicopter to support his son at his game, it shows good family values, and who cares what it costs the tax payer".

But, actually, I have to say, my parents spent all kinds of money and my father certainly used the company car inappropriately....to attend all of my games. They did it without a care in the world with me and my siblings. So, this doesn't look good taxpayer wise...but it also doesn't look like anything my father wouldn't do...if he had the helicopter of course. :D Actually, I shudder to think of the embarrassment my father would have caused with a helicopter. Visions of hovering over the game hanging out the side with a video camera...ugh.:bag:

So, is that spin? Or, is that: the truth?

Also:

I wonder why pBills is posting potential attack ads about a guy who isn't running for President?

Is it because the mere mention of the possibility of Christie actually running is enough to cause pBills butt to pucker? Now that Christie met with some Iowa Republican leaders...I bet a whole lot of Democrat butts are puckering. Gotta love that they are already spending campaign money on attacking a guy who isn't even running.

Tells you exactly what the campaign strategy is: "Attack everybody, don't talk about our record, and don't talk about the economy, stupid".