Canadian couple don't reveal their baby's gender

Just Jack

Sex. Not gender. Gender is a linguistic construct. And also the hidey hole of pansies who fear the word sex.

Actually, when talking about identity, they're very different. Gender identity is the sex you think you are. Sexual identity is the sex you think you're attracted to. Gender identity develops around 18-36 months ("Boys and girls are different, which one am I?"), sexual identity develops with puberty ("Boys and girls are different, which one do I want to perform sweet, sweet nookie with?")

So in this case, it is very much "gender", and not "sex", the crazy Canucks are talking about...since at this early age it's their child's gender identity they're !@#$ing around with.

Actually, when talking about identity, they're very different. Gender identity is the sex you think you are. Sexual identity is the sex you think you're attracted to. Gender identity develops around 18-36 months ("Boys and girls are different, which one am I?"), sexual identity develops with puberty ("Boys and girls are different, which one do I want to perform sweet, sweet nookie with?")

So in this case, it is very much "gender", and not "sex", the crazy Canucks are talking about...since at this early age it's their child's gender identity they're !@#$ing around with.

No. The couple isn't revealing their baby's SEX to others.

Gender identity is a psych term. The couple is not revealing their baby's sex so the world does not bias the child's gender identity.

Anyway you look at it, it's !@#$ed up, but the baby's sex is what is being withheld from the world.