Egypt Opens Gaza Border

See link below. It is probably a balanced version of the 6 day war. It only lasted 6 days because Israel knocked out opposing air forces in a preemptive strike. Egypt closed the Straits of Tiran and amassed troops in the Sinai. Nassar proclaimed that he was going to destroy Israel. Jordan, Syria and Iraq all made preparations for war. If Israel had waited to be attacked they would have been finished. Israel did the only thing they could. Must be pretty embarrassing for all those countries to get their asses handed to them by such a little country.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Six-Day_War

Amazing, isn't it? It's also amazing to me that such an effective and intelligent military force can "mistakenly" destroy The USS Liberty.

Edited by b.harami98

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these countries really wanted to attack Israel, than why the hell did they last only six days, huh? Are you people that gullible to believe that multiple countries joining together to fight one enemy because "they wanted to", only had it in them to last 6 DAYS!!!! HAHAHAHAA. Funny.

An offensive stance is rarely conducive to defense. Arab preparations for an offensive are an excellent explanation for them getting their asses kicked in six days. Never mind that the "Six Day War" is most appropriately considered as a series of major battles in the middle of the 15-year war - both sides fought from 1958 on to October of 1973 at a low intensity but pretty much without a break.

Mostly, though...it was because the Arab armies were idiots en masse. Syria goaded Egypt into threatening Israel...Egypt half-assed their threats and !@#$ed up their deployment in the Sinai...then when Israel attacked Egypt, Egypt in turn used the "success" of the "Egyptian attack" to convince the Syrians to attack Israel...which Syria did, and half-assed themselves.

An offensive stance is rarely conducive to defense. Arab preparations for an offensive are an excellent explanation for them getting their asses kicked in six days. Never mind that the "Six Day War" is most appropriately considered as a series of major battles in the middle of the 15-year war - both sides fought from 1958 on to October of 1973 at a low intensity but pretty much without a break.

Mostly, though...it was because the Arab armies were idiots en masse. Syria goaded Egypt into threatening Israel...Egypt half-assed their threats and !@#$ed up their deployment in the Sinai...then when Israel attacked Egypt, Egypt in turn used the "success" of the "Egyptian attack" to convince the Syrians to attack Israel...which Syria did, and half-assed themselves.

Explain to me how those geniuses destroyed The USS Liberty, then, if there isn't more to the "story".

Amazing, isn't it? It's also amazing to me that such an effective and intelligent military force can "mistakenly" destroy The USS Liberty.

You're an idiot. Do you have any idea how frequently mistakes like that occur in war?

You're an idiot. Do you have any idea how frequently mistakes like that occur in war?

I'm the idiot? These guys destroyed their opponents in 6 days and you can still believe they destroyed The USS Liberty by accident? Oops, our bad, we're inept and at the same time we're strategic geniuses.

Why resort to insults? Did I insult you?

Sure, mistakes happen in battle all the time, but this seemed to be more than a "mistake".

Why wasn't there at least a US Congress investigation into the attack, then? HHMMMM!!!!! I wonder? So we just take their word for it, huh?

Maybe this is the reason for the cover up:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html

Let me take this even further. I can insult you back, that would be easy, but I try hard not to. I don't want to resort to elementary name calling. If you have to resort to that it weakens your argument.

Sooner or later, though I'll snap, and my words won't be so kind. I take a lot of crap around here. People take shots at my intelligence, my religion and my race and I let it be. I can only take so much, so treat me with respect and I'll do the same.

Can you get anymore unbiased than an article written by the "Jewsish Virtual Library"? Really?

:rolleyes:

If these countries really wanted to attack Israel, than why the hell did they last only six days, huh? Are you people that gullible to believe that multiple countries joining together to fight one enemy because "they wanted to", only had it in them to last 6 DAYS!!!! HAHAHAHAA. Funny.

They did attack them seven years later. Actually it was a sneak attack during Yom Kippur. Even with a sneak attack, Soviet help, they still got their asses handed to them, only it took longer. So maybe it shows you how even with the odds stacked in their favor, the Arabs couldn't win against Israel?

Israel attacks first, says it was preemptive, and ya'll eat it up like starving pigs, because it's easier for you to believe the Arabs are that stupid enough to start a war in which they can only last a hair under a week. Amazing!

So if you don't agree with the narrative, it's lies and propaganda? :lol:

What does the USS Liberty have to do with what is widely considered a preemptive strike by Israel against countries that were planning to attack it? I don't think there is much debate on who did what first. Egypt closed the Straits of Tiran and amassed troops in the Sinai. Syria, Jordan and Iraq were all threatening Israel. Israel kicked their asses with an initial destruction of Egypt's air force and followed it up with destroying the other countries air forces. Bringing the USS Liberty into the discussion is just a canard.

What does the USS Liberty have to do with what is widely considered a preemptive strike by Israel against countries that were planning to attack it? I don't think there is much debate on who did what first. Egypt closed the Straits of Tiran and amassed troops in the Sinai. Syria, Jordan and Iraq were all threatening Israel. Israel kicked their asses with an initial destruction of Egypt's air force and followed it up with destroying the other countries air forces. Bringing the USS Liberty into the discussion is just a canard.

The reason why I brought it up is if you buy the Israelis' story on The USS Liberty, than you'll buy any story they're willing to give you. That attack took place during the '67 war, did it not? We're discussing the '67 war, aren't we? And I just love how you used that word "canard", as if it didn't happen!

I see what I'm dealing with here. You guys believe everything you read and hear from the Israelis anyways and I'm not going to change that. So what's the use?

:rolleyes:

They did attack them seven years later. Actually it was a sneak attack during Yom Kippur. Even with a sneak attack, Soviet help, they still got their asses handed to them, only it took longer. So maybe it shows you how even with the odds stacked in their favor, the Arabs couldn't win against Israel?

So if you don't agree with the narrative, it's lies and propaganda? :lol:

Who had the most to gain in the '67 war? The Israelis took back land they said was originally theirs, no? Who had all the motives to fight that war?

It wasn't preemptive. It was offensive. Plain and simple. All the proof is there for you, it's a shame you can't see it.

If it wasn't an offensive attack to gain more land then why won't the Israelis give the land back? They're at peace with the Jordanians, right? Why not give back the portion of the land they took from Jordan? Answer that.

The reason why I brought it up is if you buy the Israelis' story on The USS Liberty, than you'll buy any story they're willing to give you. That attack took place during the '67 war, did it not? We're discussing the '67 war, aren't we? And I just love how you used that word "canard", as if it didn't happen!

I see what I'm dealing with here. You guys believe everything you read and hear from the Israelis anyways and I'm not going to change that. So what's the use?

What am I buying into from the Israelis? I purposely perused a few different articles on the 6 day war and linked with the one from Wikepedia because it just stated facts and wasn't from an Arab or Jewish source. What have I stated that isn't factual? It seems as if you are arguing just to argue. What are you trying to convey?

I'm trying to convey that it wasn't preemptive, it was offensive. Just look at the end result. Even Netanyahu just stated that the Golan Heights are vital to Israel's security. So what makes you think Israel's attack wasn't offensive? You mean to tell me they took over all of that land just because other countries was talkin' crap? Come on, man.

I'm the idiot? These guys destroyed their opponents in 6 days and you can still believe they destroyed The USS Liberty by accident? Oops, our bad, we're inept and at the same time we're strategic geniuses.

Why resort to insults? Did I insult you?

Sure, mistakes happen in battle all the time, but this seemed to be more than a "mistake".

Why wasn't there at least a US Congress investigation into the attack, then? HHMMMM!!!!! I wonder? So we just take their word for it, huh?

Maybe this is the reason for the cover up:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html

Let me take this even further. I can insult you back, that would be easy, but I try hard not to. I don't want to resort to elementary name calling. If you have to resort to that it weakens your argument.

Sooner or later, though I'll snap, and my words won't be so kind. I take a lot of crap around here. People take shots at my intelligence, my religion and my race and I let it be. I can only take so much, so treat me with respect and I'll do the same.

It's not an insult, it's an observation. Mistakes happen all the time. The Liberty...it was identified, they lost track of it, it was mis-identified at another location, miscommunication led to am air attack, another mis-identification, and another attack. That's shockingly normal. I've got two hundred battle histories within arms' reach rignt now, I could pull one off the shelf at random and find just that sort of occurrence (let's try that...conicidentally, a naval air attack. The Luftwaffe and the War at Sea, the hunting of the Bismarck, Swordfish torpedo planes from Ark Royal attack what they thought was the Bismarck...turns out to be HMS Sheffield. Another one? Baghdad or Bust: The Inside Story of Gulf War II. Crap book. But...RAF Tornado shot down by a Patriot, two Challenger tanks exchange fire, a Scimitar lost to an A-10...) I observe you're an idiot because you're completely incapable of understanding how utterly banal an incident like the Liberty is.

It wasn't preemptive. It was offensive. Plain and simple. All the proof is there for you, it's a shame you can't see it.

You really are ignorant.

If it wasn't an offensive attack to gain more land then why won't the Israelis give the land back? They're at peace with the Jordanians, right? Why not give back the portion of the land they took from Jordan? Answer that.

The West Bank? It wasn't Jordan's, either.

And Jordan doesn't want it...What better way to deal with their Palestinan problem than to dump them in the West Bank and say "Now they're your problem, Israel."

And Jordan doesn't want it...What better way to deal with their Palestinan problem than to dump them in the West Bank and say "Now they're your problem, Israel."

Doesn't look like Egypt wanted Gaza back either :lol:

I'm trying to convey that it wasn't preemptive, it was offensive. Just look at the end result. Even Netanyahu just stated that the Golan Heights are vital to Israel's security. So what makes you think Israel's attack wasn't offensive? You mean to tell me they took over all of that land just because other countries was talkin' crap? Come on, man.

Of course it was offensive. It was also preemptive. Nassar knew that he was starting a war when he closed the Straits of Tiran. He publicly stated that he was going to destroy Israel. Israel had been subject to attack from the Golan Heights. Their water supply was being diverted. Holy sites in the West Bank were not being taken care of and Jews were not allowed to visit per agreement in 1949. So, when it became apparent that their neighbors were going to attack, Israel struck first and won the war and then said they were going to have borders that were defensible. If you were Israel, what would you have done?

It's not an insult, it's an observation. Mistakes happen all the time. The Liberty...it was identified, they lost track of it, it was mis-identified at another location, miscommunication led to am air attack, another mis-identification, and another attack. That's shockingly normal. I've got two hundred battle histories within arms' reach rignt now, I could pull one off the shelf at random and find just that sort of occurrence (let's try that...conicidentally, a naval air attack. The Luftwaffe and the War at Sea, the hunting of the Bismarck, Swordfish torpedo planes from Ark Royal attack what they thought was the Bismarck...turns out to be HMS Sheffield. Another one? Baghdad or Bust: The Inside Story of Gulf War II. Crap book. But...RAF Tornado shot down by a Patriot, two Challenger tanks exchange fire, a Scimitar lost to an A-10...) I observe you're an idiot because you're completely incapable of understanding how utterly banal an incident like the Liberty is.

You really are ignorant.

The West Bank? It wasn't Jordan's, either.

Whatever, dude. Survivors of The USS Liberty attack said it was no accident. American Flag and all. They knew who they were hitting, but don't take my word for it.

http://whatreallyhap...ussliberty.html

http://www.viewzone.com/liberty.html

I can give two craps about your little books you read. I form my own opinions by looking at end results. I have thoughts of my own. I'm not a little sheep, like you.

Actually, I feel sorry for you. Hell, between having a job, eating, sleeping, all your reading and your astonishing 28K+ posts, it's a wonder you have time for a real life. You want to insult me? That's fine, but you have no life. Keep reading your books and posting here ALL DAY LONG!!! 28K posts? Do you even have real friends? Pathetic.

I'd rather be stupid and happy than live your life.

So, go ahead and cozy up to your books and computers. Take a break every now and then and grab some lotion and tissues, since you have no time for the real thing, while I enjoy life. And when you're finished with that, grab yourself a bottle of whatever bottle of devil's piss you like to enjoy and drink yourself retarded. I know how you folks like to drink alcohol.

What, you don't like it when I rush to judgements, even though I don't really know you? Now you know how it feels. Maybe now you'll lay off the insults cause I can go on busting you up all night. My wife's not home, so I've got some time on my hands.

Of course it was offensive. It was also preemptive. Nassar knew that he was starting a war when he closed the Straits of Tiran. He publicly stated that he was going to destroy Israel. Israel had been subject to attack from the Golan Heights. Their water supply was being diverted. Holy sites in the West Bank were not being taken care of and Jews were not allowed to visit per agreement in 1949. So, when it became apparent that their neighbors were going to attack, Israel struck first and won the war and then said they were going to have borders that were defensible. If you were Israel, what would you have done?

It's funny how you mentioned all of the things, because the Palestinians are going through the same exact things as the Israelis were back then.

Edited by b.harami98

And there goes the argument. Attack the posters credibility by commenting on the number of posts. Who needs books anyway :lol:

And continue getting your knowledge from "what really happened" as well. Perhaps you also subscribe to prison planet?

And there goes the argument. Attack the posters credibility by commenting on the number of posts. Who needs books anyway :lol:

And continue getting your knowledge from "what really happened" as well. Perhaps you also subscribe to prison planet?

I take the gloves off when insulted. My insults aren't necessarily true, even though there's sufficient evidence to prove otherwise, and I'm not trying to take away his credibility, either. Hell, he reads all those books so he can come out here and impress us with all his infinite knowledge. We should be praising his name, he's so darn intelligent.

He was forewarned. He goes around here calling people idiots and he doesn't even know them. He deserved it.

Edited by b.harami98

I take the gloves off when insulted. My insults aren't necessarily true, even though there's sufficient evidence to prove otherwise, and I'm not trying to take away his credibility, either. Hell, he reads all those books so he can come out here and impress us with all his infinite knowledge. We should be praising his name, he's so darn intelligent.

It should be noted that family is off limits even in PPP. The comment about Tom's wife should be withdrawn.

It should be noted that family is off limits even in PPP. The comment about Tom's wife should be withdrawn.

I didn't say anything about his wife. I was talking about mine.

If you'd rather be "stupid and happy" as you say, don't come and discuss stuff you're too ignorant to understand because clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hell, forget stupid and happy, I'd rather been like the dumbest m'er f'er of all time than be him. What's it to you Kevin Costner?