Obama signs Patriot Act Extension

Let me be clear

If the previous administration had not signed into law an act of Congress approved during a Republican Congress and re-approved by a Democratic Congress, I could not have had a chance to sign this particular legislation into law.

Bush wasn't as bad as the democrats made him out to be. Obama isn't as bad as the republicans make him out to be. Politics are way out of hand in this country, no doubt.

No Bush is every bit as bad as the Democrats made him out to be and Obama is even worst.

Concerns that the Patriot Act was signed into law by the Presidential Autosigner

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20066958-503544.html

IMO it's no big deal. America elected a teleprompter to govern itself. Why shouldn't a machine sign the laws?

The teleprompter is a moot issue, as numerous past Presidents have used it as well. Its really no better than mocking President Bush for when he said something that was a bit off at his press conferences.

Most of us would struggle trying to give a coherent press conference, if we faced the daily stress that a President faces- particularly the last two.

The teleprompter is a moot issue, as numerous past Presidents have used it as well. Its really no better than mocking President Bush for when he said something that was a bit off at his press conferences.

Most of us would struggle trying to give a coherent press conference, if we faced the daily stress that a President faces- particularly the last two.

Yeah that's great.

So what are your thoughts on the Patriot Act extension being signed into law by a machine, in the middle of the night, while the chief executive is out of the country?

Yes We Can or Oh No He Didn't!

I never got the knocks on the teleprompter thing... Even when it first surfaced with Bush II... Yes, he (Bush II) was the first Prez to really get knocked for relying on its use.

What is the big deal? Lincoln used a scarp of paper to deliver the Gettysburg Address and surely would have used a teleprompter if the tech was available... Isn't paper the same?

Yeah that's great.

So what are your thoughts on the Patriot Act extension being signed into law by a machine, in the middle of the night, while the chief executive is out of the country?

Yes We Can or Oh No He Didn't!

I am for the extension. No idea why it went down to the wire, but I don't care if he was in the Oval Office, overseas or on the space shuttle when he did it. It gone done.

So you are for the Patriot Act?

In principle, no. But I am practical enough to understand that the benefits outweigh any potential problems. I'd rather see someone on trial for abusing it than seeing a family member, friend or countryman killed.

Bush was pretty !@#$ed up. Obama is proof that one can't move the political machine once in place. Of course I fault him for not trying harder to buck the system. The system is eating him a up from both his side and the other... I fault him for just riding along with what Bush and other's put in place.

I tell my uber-liberal wife that if you hated GWB, then you should hate Obama. I am more pro-Obama than I was pro-GWB just becasue of the which "horses" he backs. They are all the same, except who is backing them MORE.

Bush was pretty !@#$ed up. Obama is proof that one can't move the political machine once in place. Of course I fault him for not trying harder to buck the system. The system is eating him a up from both his side and the other... I fault him for just riding along with what Bush and other's put in place.

I tell my uber-liberal wife that if you hated GWB, then you should hate Obama. I am more pro-Obama than I was pro-GWB just becasue of the which "horses" he backs. They are all the same, except who is backing them MORE.

Bush spent too much. I wasn't too keen on torture being used for interrogation. He made some mistakes, Every president will make some mistakes. Problem is that they will be demonized for those mistakes nowadays. President Bush wasn't the worst President in history, nor is President Obama. The world is pretty bad, though, which affects opinion.

I never got the knocks on the teleprompter thing... Even when it first surfaced with Bush II... Yes, he (Bush II) was the first Prez to really get knocked for relying on its use.

What is the big deal? Lincoln used a scarp of paper to deliver the Gettysburg Address and surely would have used a teleprompter if the tech was available... Isn't paper the same?

It's not the use of the teleprompter that we make fun of, it's the frequency of the use. It's kind of like the difference between a guy who has a couple of canned opening lines to start conversations with women and a guy who has an arsenal of prescripted routines.

As far as the Patriot Act, I have mixed feelings about it, but it's hard not to ridicule the left-wingers who offered up such hardcore opposition but now give Obama a pass. Props to Lybob for consistency.

Bush wasn't as bad as the democrats made him out to be. Obama isn't as bad as the republicans make him out to be. Politics are way out of hand in this country, no doubt.

:thumbsup:

So you agree that Bush wasn't as bad as you made him out to be?

:unsure: