Saturday: Champions League Final

Can't wait!! :thumbsup:

ManU has compensated for the loss of Ronaldo by playing some stout defense, so this should be a helluva match-up.

WOW!! On that goal by Pedro, that was one of the best passes I've EVER seen! I didn't see who it was, but he used only his peripheral vision to see Pedro to his right, and then threaded a pass through three Man.U defenders like thread through a needle...that was BEAUTIFUL!!

1-0 Barca

Loving the intensity of this match! I thought for sure Man.U was going to just dominate this thing after the first ten mins. After that, Barca started getting some nice opportunities and Messi came OH so close to getting free in the box with only the keeper to beat.

Awesome final so far

Holy crap, just as I'm hitting "post", it's ROONEY with the equalizer!

This match rocks!!!

WOW!!!! lol

The stars have come out to PLAY BABY!!

What a great goal by the GREAT ONE...Lionel Messi!

2-1 Barca...how will Man.U respond???

(WHAT A MATCH!!)

Unreal...Barca just toying with them now...Man.U can't even clear the ball out of their own end, and they just paid for it by giving up the kill shot to David Villa.

Barca...best futbal club on earth!

I don't get it - didn't ManU just play for the championship a week or two ago? How can they be playing for another already?

That was probably one of the cups for the English league teams or something...not sure.

Champions League is the best of the best, though.

Very confusing that they can be in different leagues at the same time. It would be like the Bills playing for the Grey Cup - not that they'd win.

Not necessarily. The Champions League is the best of the best. Mostly dominated by Italian, English and Spanish teams that are mostly on par with each other in terms of quality. Dominant teams in each league strive to clinch a spot to compete in the European leagues as well as securing a high spot in the the domestic leagues. It actually makes the sport very interesting, of course i haven't watched much European league soccer in a while since the team I support sucks ass.

Very confusing that they can be in different leagues at the same time. It would be like the Bills playing for the Grey Cup - not that they'd win.

I was having a hard time making much sense of it all too, to be honest. But like Meazza said, the way they do it makes the game much more interesting. Imagine if Mexico had a professional football league, so you'd have the MFL, CFL, and NFL for north america. The Euro Champions League would be like if the best few teams from each of these leagues were seeded into a tourney, and they all played until there was a champion of north american club football. You'd still have the NFL regular season, playoffs and super bowl, but then you'd also have a tourney where the best of the best from the entire continent played against each other.

I don't often follow the individual leagues of European soccer (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc), but I keep tabs on the champions league every year and am always sure to watch the champs league final.

So, these leagues must be going on simultaneously? I just looked it up and the EPL didn't end until last Sunday - 5/22.

Yep. September to end of May. Usually the domestic leagues are on the weekend and the European games are during the week.

Edited by meazza