Daughter shoots Dad with arrow

You have to wonder when the impact of her actions will really hit her. I know she is a minor and will get treated as such in the courts but that was pure evil on her part.

Well, he did take her cell-phone! :devil:

You have to wonder when the impact of her actions will really hit her. I know she is a minor and will get treated as such in the courts but that was pure evil on her part.

If it didn't come when the father was bleeding with an arrow stuck in his torso, I somehow doubt they will.

Trying to imagine a repatriation into the home after the legal stuff is sorted out.... How do you interact with a near-adult child who has made a conscious decision that could easily have killed you, and then refused to call for help? Do you try to arrange for bail? Provide for a lawyer? Do you accept her back into your home?

If it didn't come when the father was bleeding with an arrow stuck in his torso, I somehow doubt they will.

Trying to imagine a repatriation into the home after the legal stuff is sorted out.... How do you interact with a near-adult child who has made a conscious decision that could easily have killed you, and then refused to call for help? Do you try to arrange for bail? Provide for a lawyer? Do you accept her back into your home?

I guess it really tests the notion of unconditional love. The act of denying him the phone is over the top. You can imagine that she may have only wanted to threaten him with the arrow but denying him a call was a very overt choice.

We were talking about this at work today. Really brings whatever problems your child(ren) has had into perspective. How would you handle this? I can see the kid freaking out, accidentally doing it, but as BuffaloBill said, denying the phone call? That is what struck me.

Lock the kid up now and forever, that last bit convinces me something is broken inside her.