Tampa Bay Baseball fan kicked out of Tampa Stadium

He had a choice. A smart fan would have just turned the shirt inside out. Any fan who goes into a stadium wearing something like that should realize there's a good possibility that at some point security will want him to remove it. If he really doesn't understand that the team is trying to create a family atmosphere & he's basically doing the same thing as a fan cursing out loud, then he's pretty stupid.

Now if he was wearing a shirt saying "Mets suck" at Citifield, the team owner would have probably brought him into the owners box and congratulated him on his insight. :devil:

"I cannot rationalize how the shirt fits into any of these definitions," he wrote in his letter. "Unless, I guess, of course, you are a Yankees fan."

This guy's a lawyer and he actually wrote that in his letter to the team? Hey idiot, you just proved the point you were attempting to argue against.

This guy's a lawyer and he actually wrote that in his letter to the team? Hey idiot, you just proved the point you were attempting to argue against.

So do these power-mad ushers eject the entire stadium when they get a "Yankees Suck" chant going? I've heard that chant NUMEROUS times at BoSox-Yanks, Jay-Yanks, and Ray-Yanks games. Honestly, when did "suck" become a profanity?!?

So do these power-mad ushers eject the entire stadium when they get a "Yankees Suck" chant going? I've heard that chant NUMEROUS times at BoSox-Yanks, Jay-Yanks, and Ray-Yanks games. Honestly, when did "suck" become a profanity?!?

That chanting is pathetic and I give the Rays a lot of credit for trying to cut back on it. Anyway, like albany said, it's not like they tossed the guy immediately. They gave him the chance to cover it up and he instead left. There's no story here other than an idiot trying to grab attention (and probably cash) for himself.

Are you serious? When used in that context it's always been known to be a shortened version of "Red Sox suck Jauron"

Are you serious? When used in that context it's always been known to be a shortened version of "Red Sox suck Jauron"

A lot of those "Yankees suck" shirts that they sell out here usually have something like "Jeter Swallows" on the back. I wonder if he had one of those shirts.

I remember being a kid and seeing numerous vendors selling "Dolphins Suck" tshirts at Bills games. And those shirts actually had an illustration of a Buffalo holding a Dolphin up to it's crotch. I wont get into the other graphic details of the drawing... Shoot I've even seen shirts that flat out say "F#$K THE DOLPHINS".

I thought it was funny/silly/stupid. My dad thought it was funny/silly/stupid. No one was offended. People went on with their lives. Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Theyre making a big deal out of nothing. Especially considering Tampa has trouble getting people into seats as it is. They should be happy to have a paying customer.

I remember being a kid and seeing numerous vendors selling "Dolphins Suck" tshirts at Bills games. And those shirts actually had an illustration of a Buffalo holding a Dolphin up to it's crotch. I wont get into the other graphic details of the drawing... Shoot I've even seen shirts that flat out say "F#$K THE DOLPHINS".

I thought it was funny/silly/stupid. My dad thought it was funny/silly/stupid. No one was offended. People went on with their lives. Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Theyre making a big deal out of nothing. Especially considering Tampa has trouble getting people into seats as it is. They should be happy to have a paying customer.

Baseball has always been marketed as more family friendly than football. You can get away with a lot more at a football game than a baseball game.

Baseball has always been marketed as more family friendly than football. You can get away with a lot more at a football game than a baseball game.

Thats true, good point. 95% of what goes on at a Bills game wouldnt even be allowed near a MLB stadium.

On another note... Remember the old "Buffalo's Talkin' Proud" campaign? They also had the "!@#$ing Proud" parody... With the TWO "Talkin' Proud" Bison logos mounting each other. I never saw another... Not even on the internet... They still gotta be out there somewhere?

Thats true, good point. 95% of what goes on at a Bills game wouldnt even be allowed near a MLB stadium.

:lol: We are a magnet for degenerates! :lol:

I remember a few years back after a JAX home game in BFLO... It was a warm Nov. day... Fans were scouring the parking lots for fuel for their bonfires after the game... Good thing my brother had enough old pallets in the back of his pickup to donate to their cause! When they stumbled onto my brother... It was like they hit the jackpot... Ahhh.. The glow on those happy Bills fans faces!

Really? I think you're being a bit presumptuous assuming that everyone's mind goes right there. I always assume that in the context of sports when you say "Sports Team SUCKS!" it refers to the fact that you think they suck at that sport. i.e. you're the worst at it.

If I want to use it in that context, I would say: "xxxx sucks Jauron".

Really? I think you're being a bit presumptuous assuming that everyone's mind goes right there. I always assume that in the context of sports when you say "Sports Team SUCKS!" it refers to the fact that you think they suck at that sport. i.e. you're the worst at it.

If I want to use it in that context, I would say: "xxxx sucks Jauron".

I'm assuming you're a lot younger than me, because it used to definitely be quite profane. Over the last 20-25 years, it's become more commonplace. And,it always has and always will mean "sucks Jauron." What else could it mean?

I really hate these types of shirts, and the chants - plus the ahole and the bs chants.