Sabres are paying for their own remodeling

Scrappy

Then you've dropped too much cheap acid yourself - they 'broke ground' for RWS in 1972.

A buddy of mine did acid at Bills games twice.

The first time was in 1984 when the Bills hosted the Dallas Cowboys. My buddy was actually a Cowboys fan before he converted to the Bills during the Super Bowl run…I know…I still give him shat about that.

Anyways, he's wearing his Cowboys gear, tripping on acid and late getting into the stadium… and just as he gets to his seat, Greg Bell breaks an 85-yard TD run to give the Bills a 7-0 lead. The Bills who won only 2 games that year went on to defeat his beloved Cowboys 14-3.

The next time he did acid (shrooms, actually) they were more potent than he was expecting and I guess he was walking around the stadium, tripping pretty good when he unexpectedly ran into his very straight, older brother… who does not condone drug use. He might as well have run into his Dad who's a former law enforcement officer. I think my buddy tried passing it off like he was very drunk but not very convincingly. His brother knew something wasn't right.

Anyways, Say No to Drugs… especially at Bills games. Being a Bills fan is surreal enough.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Then you've dropped too much cheap acid yourself - they 'broke ground' for RWS in 1972.

The styling sure looks as modern as the 60's to me. Maybe because they started engineering it for years, starting in the 60's. Hey, what do you know.

Edited by Scrappy

The styling sure looks as modern as the 60's to me. Maybe because they started engineering it for years, starting in the 60's. Hey, what do you know.

More than you.

In 1970 the Kenford Corporation was still planning to build a 70,000 seat domed stadium at a site near the intersection of Pavement Road and Pleasant View Drive in the Town of Lancaster (about a mile from my childhood home, the front yard of which would have been taken by 'eminent domain' to widen the street and accommodate stadium traffic).

Plans for RWS came into existence the year after that plan was abruptly scuttled...

Link - ERIE COUNTY LOSES DOME SUIT

2010 EBITDA: $28.2 Million

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/30/football-valuations-10_Buffalo-Bills_301765.html

So Ralph could afford to pay $6 Million to remodel & still have plenty of change left over.

I'm sure signing bonuses for Marcell Dareus et al will take a nice portion of that $28.2M - unless, of course, you'd favor remodeling the Bills' locker room over signing our 1st-round draft pick.

Then, there's the possibility of a prolonged labor dispute cutting into this season's EBITDA. Ralph, despite ad-nauseum grumblings about his age and frugality, seems to have had a much better grasp of this whole labor situation than any of his younger and wealthier fellow owners.

Are any Bills players, coaches, or physical trainers complaining about the RWS locker room or other parts of the facility?

Edited by The Senator

What is sad is that watching two people argue about when the trash can was invented is the most exciting thing about this offseason. A new stadium would lift the Cryptkeeper curse. The problem being that the team would have to be pried from Ralph's cold dead clutches.

What is sad is that watching two people argue about when the trash can was invented is the most exciting thing about this offseason. A new stadium would lift the Cryptkeeper curse. The problem being that the team would have to be pried from Ralph's cold dead clutches.

:lol:

I'm not sure it's the MOST exciting thing being argued this off-0season, but you're right - while we'd normally be talkin' about OTAs, free-agent acquisitions, and rookie holdouts at this time of year, there ain't a whole lot to discuss at the moment. Hence, I guess, why not start yet another Ralph-bashing thread? :rolleyes:

Personally, I have no problems with RWS - nor do I think for one nano-second that the stadium has ever had even the most miniscule effect on the team's success or failure. In fact, I like the place. A lot.

The only curse that needs to be broken is the Curse of Pete Gogolak. (Buddy can get to work on that one by signing Kevin Boothe as soon as free agency begins.)

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Reverse the Curse!!!!! B-)

post-2970-051116800 1306704657_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure it's the MOST exciting thing being argued this off-0season, but you're right - while we'd normally be talkin' about OTAs, free-agent acquisitions, and rookie holdouts at this time of year, there ain't a whole lot to discuss at the moment. Hence, I guess, why not start yet another Ralph-bashing thread? :rolleyes:

Personally, I have no problems with RWS - nor do I think for one nano-second that the stadium has ever had even the most miniscule effect on the team's success or failure. In fact, I like the place. A lot.

The only curse that needs to be broken is the Curse of Pete Gogolak. (Buddy can get to work on that one by signing Kevin Boothe as soon as free agency begins.)

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Reverse the Curse!!!!! B-)

I can tell by your instant defense of the situation that it means the world to you. I didn't realize that only one set of plans could possibly be working at the same time, so assuming that no one else could of had a chance to design another stadium concurrently seems a little naive on your part. Another factor is that a previous decade of design work usually will have a tendency to bleed over into the following decade. You see it more where they build many new homes & structures with the changes that abound over the years. Since no one in Buffalo really ever builds or buys a new home because the communities are mainly established, that wouldn't be obvious. So, I'll cut you some slack for things you couldn't possible understand & your lack of tact.

Edited by Scrappy

I can tell by your instant defense of the situation that it means the world to you. I didn't realize that only one set of plans could possibly be working at the same time, so assuming that no one else could of had a chance to design another stadium concurrently seems a little naive on your part. Another factor is that a previous decade of design work usually will have a tendency to bleed over into the following decade. You see it more where they build many new homes & structures with the changes that abound over the years. Since no one in Buffalo really ever builds or buys a new home because the communities are mainly established, that wouldn't be obvious. So, I'll cut you some slack for things you couldn't possible understand & your lack of tact.

Yes, please do cut me some slack - after all, how could a Cornell education and 20 years of living and working in DC, Boston, and Silicon Valley have possibly equipped me to understand such complexities? :rolleyes:

Yes, please do cut me some slack - after all, how could a Cornell education and 20 years of living and working in DC, Boston, and Silicon Valley have possibly equipped me to understand such complexities? :rolleyes:

I guess that all makes you a land improvement expert, that & living a mile from a failed stadium project from 40 years ago.

I guess that all makes you a land improvement expert, that & living a mile from a failed stadium project from 40 years ago.

Not at all - in fact, you seem to be claiming that as your own particular milieu.

What is, however, incredibly naive is your mistaken notion that there is - or ever was - any sort of prescience or contingency planning when it comes to major municipal construction projects in WNY. There is not. Every new plan is sequential, and a consequence of a previously failed plan. It has always been that way here.

But do continue with your Ralph-bashing and other mindless rants on various irrelevant subjects about which you seem to know next to nothing - you are, at least, a source of amusement in an otherwise boring off-season.

Not at all - in fact, you seem to be claiming that as your own particular milieu.

What is, however, incredibly naive is your mistaken notion that there is - or ever was - any sort of prescience or contingency planning when it comes to major municipal construction projects in WNY. There is not. Every new plan is sequential, and a consequence of a previously failed plan. It has always been that way here.

But do continue with your Ralph-bashing and other mindless rants on various irrelevant subjects about which you seem to know next to nothing - you are, at least, a source of amusement in an otherwise boring off-season.

What I know is that every job from that era was union ran & there was other outside pressure that scuddled the project. Everything has a back-up however early on in design & plan, usually as a just in case that people either don't or won't want to pay. If you go back to see which union actually got the job & how much they had to "kickback", you'll know exactly why it went that way. Don't worry, Johnny Katz is dead & Butchy is in prison. You need articles & near life experiences to think you have it down, only in your mind. Things go down when money is going to be paid, to the right people.

Just for the record, I'm not flaunting life experiences & education in a weak attempt to show some type of knowledge. I personally think it shows weakness & a self-fulfilling need for power. Real power is Delegated to those who have it, so i'd think before you post.

Edited by Scrappy

A buddy of mine did acid at Bills games twice.

The first time was in 1984 when the Bills hosted the Dallas Cowboys. My buddy was actually a Cowboys fan before he converted to the Bills during the Super Bowl run…I know…I still give him shat about that.

Anyways, he's wearing his Cowboys gear, tripping on acid and late getting into the stadium… and just as he gets to his seat, Greg Bell breaks an 85-yard TD run to give the Bills a 7-0 lead. The Bills who won only 2 games that year went on to defeat his beloved Cowboys 14-3.

The next time he did acid (shrooms, actually) they were more potent than he was expecting and I guess he was walking around the stadium, tripping pretty good when he unexpectedly ran into his very straight, older brother… who does not condone drug use. He might as well have run into his Dad who's a former law enforcement officer. I think my buddy tried passing it off like he was very drunk but not very convincingly. His brother knew something wasn't right.

Anyways, Say No to Drugs… especially at Bills games. Being a Bills fan is surreal enough.

He'd had been better off dropping at Grad night at the Darien Lake gate. You'd be suprised how that keeps you up for the night.

What I know is that every job from that era was union ran & there was other outside pressure that scuddled the project. Everything has a back-up however early on in design & plan, usually as a just in case that people either don't or won't want to pay. If you go back to see which union actually got the job & how much they had to "kickback", you'll know exactly why it went that way. Don't worry, Johnny Katz is dead & Butchy is in prison. You need articles & near life experiences to think you have it down, only in your mind. Things go down when money is going to be paid, to the right people.

Just for the record, I'm not flaunting life experiences & education in a weak attempt to show some type of knowledge. I personally think it shows weakness & a self-fulfilling need for power. Real power is Delegated to those who have it, so i'd think before you post.

Why would YOU think before I post??? How would that even work???? :unsure:

I'm not sure what you're flaunting or not flaunting - only thing I am sure of is that that you can't spell, and that your philosophical rant on 'the ways of the world' makes no sense at all but might make an entertaining movie or TV crime show (or comes directly from one).

Edited by The Senator

You went to Cornell? Which acappella group did you join, "Here Comes Treble", the "Harmoniacs", or the "Doh-Ray-Mee-gos"?

:D

You went to Cornell? Which acappella group did you join, "Here Comes Treble", the "Harmoniacs", or the "Doh-Ray-Mee-gos"?

Cornell, isn't that the highest rank in the military? What has that got do with anything? :lol:

Funny you should bring that up. (Even funnier that you came close to getting one right - there IS a group called 'Nothing But Treble'!)

As a music history & performance major, vocal and chamber ensembles were certainly a part of my college experiences - unfortunately I did not have the requisite vocal skills for groups like the a capella The Hangovers or...