Sabres are paying for their own remodeling

Scrappy

This is what real money does to help attract new talent & make the players more comfortable for a winning attitude. One might think that a video theatre to help review plays would help as well, the Bills one is on it's last tube as they cut the staff's pay.

"We've actually done quite a bit of benchmarking with other teams in the league to see what the best of the best is, and we feel like we'll be providing something even better than that," said Keith Alf, the project manager for Cannon Design.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article434016.ece Edited by Scrappy

Thanks for posting.

I don't know what the terms of the lease are between the arena and the Sabres… but I'm guessing that T. Pegula couldn't care less and continues to show that he wants to keep his word and make Buffalo "Hockey Heaven."

I loved Black's comments about Rochester too. Renewing that broken relationship would give everyone the warm fuzzies and on top of that, the two communities are very close geographically and spiritually… it makes great business sense for the Sabres to buy the Amerks and have our affiliate not even 1 hour down the Thruway.

It's so great to see all the positive things happening to the Sabres. Ted Black's comments from the piece:

"What I would say to anyone in Rochester is when we win the Stanley Cup, I can promise you we'll have a parade in Rochester, too."

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

This is what real money does to help attract new talent & make the players more comfortable for a winning attitude. One might think that a video theatre to help review plays would help as well, the Bills one is on it's last tube as they cut the staff's pay.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article434016.ece

That is because they now have an owner who is committed to winning and having a class organization, not just stuffing his already filled pockets. That remodeling wouldn't be happening at owner's/team/s expense if the owner's name was Ralph Wilson.

Edited by billsfreak

That is because they now have an owner who is committed to winning and having a class organization, not just stuffing his already filled pockets. That remodeling wouldn't be happening at owner's/team/s expense if he owner's name was Ralph Wilson.

I'd be willing to bet Terry Pegula is probably worth 3 times what Ralph is worth.

PTR

That is because they now have an owner who is committed to winning and having a class organization, not just stuffing his already filled pockets. That remodeling wouldn't be happening at owner's/team/s expense if the owner's name was Ralph Wilson.

+1. Pegula is clearly in this for the long haul and is wasting no time in getting started on his quest to win the cup. Wilson has bled Erie County for decades while crying small market.

+1. Pegula is clearly in this for the long haul and is wasting no time in getting started on his quest to win the cup. Wilson has bled Erie County for decades while crying small market.

so so true. it gets old after a while. i have been around since the inception, and during the 'long haul" wilson has been frugal, seems to cry poor mouth, etc. while we all appreciate his keeping the team in buffalo, his investment turned out ok. i realize NHL hockey and the NFL distinctly are different, but ralph did OK by the region. i think the poster's point is well taken. it sure is nice to have a buffalo sport's owner go full bore , totally into WINNING!. paul snyder literally sold players away for money, and while i always admired the knoxes, they tried, were bound by financial constraints to an extent and never seemed to "go for it". the obvious point is that buffalo seems to have a bona-fide, sincere , championship chasing owner in pegula.

Edited by dwight in philly

Would the county/city/whoever officially owns the building ever consider selling the arena to Pegula or do they get more out of leasing it?

He should save some money for the Bills, and their new stadium! ;)

so so true. it gets old after a while. i have been around since the inception, and during the 'long haul" wilson has been frugal, seems to cry poor mouth, etc. while we all appreciate his keeping the team in buffalo, his investment turned out ok. i realize NHL hockey and the NFL distinctly are different, but ralph did OK by the region. i think the poster's point is well taken. it sure is nice to have a buffalo sport's owner go full bore , totally into WINNING!. paul snyder literally sold players away for money, and while i always admired the knoxes, they tried, were bound by financial constraints to an extent and never seemed to "go for it". the obvious point is that buffalo seems to have a bona-fide, sincere , championship chasing owner in pegula.

Take the fraking thing out of the equation (and I am trying) he is a dream come true!

He should save some money for the Bills, and their new stadium! ;)

Take the fraking thing out of the equation (and I am trying) he is a dream come true!

i think simply, that we have been conditioned to be "glad we have a team" mindset. buffalo is small-time, dying, etc, easy for an owner to have a ready excuse that we should be quiet and if a championship happens, well OK. with pegula, it seems like we have been rewarded for all the heartaches, etc, associated with being a suffering buffalo sports fan.

i think simply, that we have been conditioned to be "glad we have a team" mindset. buffalo is small-time, dying, etc, easy for an owner to have a ready excuse that we should be quiet and if a championship happens, well OK. with pegula, it seems like we have been rewarded for all the heartaches, etc, associated with being a suffering buffalo sports fan.

Honestly, at this point (I am 46, been a Bills fanatic for about 40 of those years) I think I would say "good riddance" if my choice was a life-time of 2-7 win seasons forever...I never thought I would come to that point. I was very entertained last season for the most part, but the 3 seasons prior, I really started to question why I cared anymore...for me, if the Bills ever did cease to exist as the Buffalo Bills, the thing I would miss most is the bond with other Bills fans...

I really don't mean that to come off as negative, though I am sure it does. I am still going to watch every game, every season (I have missed one game in 23 years...the infamous 1989 game where Jimbo called out House Ballard, for getting him injured, against the Colts), but, at some point, I want just a little payback...a reason not to feel like I just wasted 4 hours on my only day off...

Like I said, though the victories were few this past season, I finally started to feel like there was good minds at work at One Bills Drive...I just hope we don't miss too much of the upcoming season...we (Bills fans) deserve better than we get, I think...

I will give Ralph Wilson his props, to a point, but, I am old enough to remember a lot of this teams history...striking gold (or was it silver!) in the early 90's kind of bought Mr Wilson some good will, but that is starting to seem like a long time ago, and the recent decade of malaise kind of feels more like the late 70's and mid 80's all over again...I just need one of those short little Chuck Knox-era reprives from the misery...is that too much to ask? :lol:

Edited by Buftex

His top issue on the list of remodeling work is to rid the building of the Buffaslug logo everywhere, starting with the scoreboard.

Agree with him on that one ... Myself, I still like the 'B' with the sword thru it.

Sabres alt logo

Edited by ARTnSocal

I think I'll wait to get excited when the Sabres actually improve on the ice and win a playoff series or two. Getting a bigger locker room doesn't mean much to me unless bigger and better players come with it.

Thanks for posting.

I don't know what the terms of the lease are between the arena and the Sabres… but I'm guessing that T. Pegula couldn't care less and continues to show that he wants to keep his word and make Buffalo "Hockey Heaven."

I loved Black's comments about Rochester too. Renewing that broken relationship would give everyone the warm fuzzies and on top of that, the two communities are very close geographically and spiritually… it makes great business sense for the Sabres to buy the Amerks and have our affiliate not even 1 hour down the Thruway.

It's so great to see all the positive things happening to the Sabres. Ted Black's comments from the piece:

"What I would say to anyone in Rochester is when we win the Stanley Cup, I can promise you we'll have a parade in Rochester, too."

Absolutely. So far, seems like an organization that is doing things right. Hopefully, we'll bring in players who will help them Offensively and defensively and make a run at the cup next season.

Honestly, at this point (I am 46, been a Bills fanatic for about 40 of those years) I think I would say "good riddance" if my choice was a life-time of 2-7 win seasons forever...I never thought I would come to that point. I was very entertained last season for the most part, but the 3 seasons prior, I really started to question why I cared anymore...for me, if the Bills ever did cease to exist as the Buffalo Bills, the thing I would miss most is the bond with other Bills fans...

I really don't mean that to come off as negative, though I am sure it does. I am still going to watch every game, every season (I have missed one game in 23 years...the infamous 1989 game where Jimbo called out House Ballard, for getting him injured, against the Colts), but, at some point, I want just a little payback...a reason not to feel like I just wasted 4 hours on my only day off...

Like I said, though the victories were few this past season, I finally started to feel like there was good minds at work at One Bills Drive...I just hope we don't miss too much of the upcoming season...we (Bills fans) deserve better than we get, I think...

I will give Ralph Wilson his props, to a point, but, I am old enough to remember a lot of this teams history...striking gold (or was it silver!) in the early 90's kind of bought Mr Wilson some good will, but that is starting to seem like a long time ago, and the recent decade of malaise kind of feels more like the late 70's and mid 80's all over again...I just need one of those short little Chuck Knox-era reprives from the misery...is that too much to ask? :lol:

Agreed. It's time for Ralph to make this work. I've seen alot of positive, this offseason, but it seems like takes too long and their too slow at making changes that we're 2-3 years off from being anything that can compete for the playoffs let alone a championship. I just want to see this team compete and get wins. Those close games we lost last season by 3 or less. Those should be wins this season.

I think I'll wait to get excited when the Sabres actually improve on the ice and win a playoff series or two. Getting a bigger locker room doesn't mean much to me unless bigger and better players come with it.

They have to start somewhere. While maybe symbolic the changes say to players that the owner is serious and wants a winning team.

While maybe symbolic the changes say to players that the owner is serious and wants a winning team.

I think Ralph Wilson Stadium says welcome to 60's without the cheap acid trip to enjoy yourself.