Buying a house/foreclosure

/dev/null

I think the time has come for /dev/null to grow some roots and buy a house. Either that or The Hypnotoad :worthy: is just messing with my mind.

Anyways, I found something that I like. Anyone bought a house recently, especially a foreclosure? The one I'm looking at is a Fannie Mae property that is in surprisingly good condition.

Looking for advice/experiences.

Thanks

I think the time has come for /dev/null to grow some roots and buy a house. Either that or The Hypnotoad :worthy: is just messing with my mind.

Anyways, I found something that I like. Anyone bought a house recently, especially a foreclosure? The one I'm looking at is a Fannie Mae property that is in surprisingly good condition.

Thanks

Take an afternoon, go to the land records office, and do your own title search (it's not hard). Look for previous foreclosures. If there's a history of foreclosures, there's probably something wrong with the property, and you might want to stay away.

Other than that...good time to buy. Market's not at a bottom (probably won't bottom until next year, for which Obama will take complete and irrelevent credit), but it's close, and interest rates won't get any lower.

Also, when you buy...get flood insurance (it's cheap, you may not need it, but if you do you'll REALLY need it). And absolutely, no matter what anyone else tells you, get owner's title insurance. Generally it's a good idea (most people think it's a rip-off, but again, it's cheap and when you need it you REALLY need it), but buying a foreclosure, you'd be nuts not to get it - it'll protect you from any "the bank didn't foreclose properly, so the property's still mine" claims down the road.

Thanks

I would not recommend getting anything with less than 72,500 square feet of living space. Even a 50k sq ft home may seem a little big at first, but before you know it you're feeling like it is a starter home and moving is a pain in the behind. Start at 72.5k. Trust me.

I would not recommend getting anything with less than 72,500 square feet of living space. Even a 50k sq ft home may seem a little big at first, but before you know it you're feeling like it is a starter home and moving is a pain in the behind. Start at 72.5k. Trust me.

Better to buy small.

Because 72.5k, 1.25k... it all regresses to 3.5k square feet, so you may as well buy something that gets bigger when you survey it.

This is for a house not a secret underground post-apocalypse bunker so I won't need that much space.

But I do understand what you're saying. I've been thinking of upgrading the secret underground post-apocalypse bunker into an entry level super villain compound. Those needs lots of space especially the hound kennel and the bee-hive. You'd think that since the hounds have bees in the mouths and shoot bees at you when they bark, that you could store the two in the same space. But no, unfortunately you can't

Because 72.5k, 1.25k... it all regresses to 3.5k square feet

:lol: Now if only the mortgage rates would regress some more

This is for a house not a secret underground post-apocalypse bunker so I won't need that much space.

But I do understand what you're saying. I've been thinking of upgrading the secret underground post-apocalypse bunker into an entry level super villain compound. Those needs lots of space especially the hound kennel and the bee-hive. You'd think that since the hounds have bees in the mouths and shoot bees at you when they bark, that you could store the two in the same space. But no, unfortunately you can't

Hey, I'm trying to unload my entry-level super villian compound, if you're interested. The minion barracks are still unfurnished, but the overly-complex, easily escapable hero-killing device is up and running.

I've just decided the whole write-my-manifesto-in-a-bunker-in-the-woods lifestyle is a better fit for me. It seems to work for OC in Philly...

Hey, I'm trying to unload my entry-level super villian compound, if you're interested. The minion barracks are still unfurnished, but the overly-complex, easily escapable hero-killing device is up and running.

Your minion barracks are going to be a major drag on the ability to resell it for 3 simple words...

Crap

Throwing

Monkey

:lol: Now if only the mortgage rates would regress some more

Get the hornets, not the bees. They get way more pissed than bee PLUS hounds shoot them easier. Bees are best used with German Shepherds.

Thanks

I bought a Fannie Mae 4 unit apartment building that was in foreclosure [by them] and it was AS IS. They completely neglect their held property's and allowed the pipes to freeze, numerous break In's resulting in stolen washer/dryers, refrigerators and the hot water heaters[yes the hot water heaters were stolen] and kicked in doors and broken windows.

I spent $13,000 just making the property livable.

Buying from Fannie Mae is not the same as buying from a private individual. It's just a case number on their list, they could not care less about the condition of the property.

The most important thing is having a good house inspection before you buy.

Get the hornets, not the bees. They get way more pissed than bee PLUS hounds shoot them easier. Bees are best used with German Shepherds.

I thought the minions were usually Austrian shepherds. Now they're using Krauts? When'd they make that switch?

Your minion barracks are going to be a major drag on the ability to resell it for 3 simple words...

Crap

Throwing

Monkey

What, you want your minions to have nice, luxurious living quarters? They're minions. Who gives a !@#$? Just what kind of a super-villian are you aspiring to be? One that breaks every law except local health codes? :rolleyes:

Hornets and wasps are meaner than bees and do not die when they sting.

Hornets and wasps are meaner than bees and do not die when they sting.

Wasps are too gangly for any kind of dog to shoot out of their mouth. Only Giraffes can shoot wasps but there is a lot of upkeep on guard giraffes.

What, you want your minions to have nice, luxurious living quarters? They're minions. Who gives a !@#$? Just what kind of a super-villian are you aspiring to be? One that breaks every law except local health codes? :rolleyes:

It's a Union thing.

I was running short of minion power awhile back and some guy from SEIU said he could provide all the goons I needed. Boy was that a mistake. Those guys are harder to break away from than the Mafia.

Wasps are too gangly for any kind of dog to shoot out of their mouth. Only Giraffes can shoot wasps but there is a lot of upkeep on guard giraffes.

How do they do with cicada killer wasps? I have them in underground bunkers in the front lawn of my estate. Hadn't thought about guard giraffes before. Thanks for the info.

It's a Union thing.

I was running short of minion power awhile back and some guy from SEIU said he could provide all the goons I needed. Boy was that a mistake. Those guys are harder to break away from than the Mafia.

Have you tried video taping them with a camera hidden in a loaf of bread?

It's like kryptonite to those bastards.

Hey, it worked for me.