Rick Perry (R-Texas)

fixed

And who cares what her situation is right? So what if the women is pregnant because she was raped? Are they going to force her or guilt her into caring a baby that was created out of that evil act? Ultimately, for some it comes down the woman having no say.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're just trying to change the discussion based on speculation because you realize your original premise is flawed.

Anyone even remotely concerned with "slippery slopes" would never also think Obamacare is a good idea.

So if you oppose the Healthcare Bill because of the mandate, one would think you would be against this, right? :unsure:

the new health care bill is entirely consistent with liberal beliefs.

Hence stupid and hypocritical.

Still waiting for your condemnation of all the waivers handed out to Obama's labor union buddies and Nancy's big $ supporters.

Still waiting for your condemnation of all the waivers handed out to Obama's labor union buddies and Nancy's big $ supporters.

Yes, all Democratic ideas are bad. The Republican Party holds all of the answers. HAHAHAHA!!!

it's far from perfect...i wanted and still want single payer. i offer no excuses for the waivers. they're wrong.

So if you oppose the Healthcare Bill because of the mandate, one would think you would be against this, right? :unsure:

Alternately, one would think that if you oppose this bill in Texas, you would also be against Obamacare, right?

Which was my point. Thanks for helping me make it.

Edited by LABillzFan

Alternately, one would think that if you oppose this bill in Texas, you would also be against Obamacare, right?

Is the State of Texas paying for the sonograms?

So you are against this bill, correct? Scoring a point on pBills is like winning a race against someone on crutches.

And who cares what her situation is right? So what if the women is pregnant because she was raped? Are they going to force her or guilt her into caring a baby that was created out of that evil act? Ultimately, for some it comes down the woman having no say.

I would like to know how many women who ask for abortions are raped. This is the first thing that southpaws go to when discussing abortion. The next thing they go to is the "religious kook" angle. For the record I don't believe in god but I do believe that there is right and wrong. Abortion would fall on the negative side. pBills, all you have to do is realize that it could have easily been you aborted if the conditions made it a convenience. When I think of this issue thats the perspective I take.

Edited by Dante

it is not necessary to be against this bill if you are for big govt, in a logical sense.

it is necessary to be against it if you are against big govt.

just because something is true, that doesn't imply that the converse is also true.

I would like to know how many women who ask for abortions are raped. This is the first thing that southpaws go to when discussing abortion. The next thing they go to is the "religious kook" angle. For the record I don't believe in god but I do believe that there is right and wrong. Abortion would fall on the negative side. pBills, all you have to ask yourself is you could have easily been aborted if the conditions made it a convenience. When I think of this issue thats the perspective I take.

Fairly sure he was...

So you are against this bill, correct? Scoring a point on pBills is like winning a race against someone on crutches.

If I lived in Texas, I would be against the bill. It's a ridiculous bill created for all the wrong reasons.

it is not necessary to be against this bill if you are for big govt, in a logical sense.

it is necessary to be against it if you are against big govt.

just because something is true, that doesn't imply that the converse is also true.

But it IS necessary to be against Obamacare if your argument against the Texas law is that it begins a slide down a slippery slope.

Try to keep up. Just because you keep telling yourself you think you understand the discussion doesn't mean that it's true.

I would like to know how many women who ask for abortions are raped. This is the first thing that southpaws go to when discussing abortion. The next thing they go to is the "religious kook" angle. For the record I don't believe in god but I do believe that there is right and wrong. Abortion would fall on the negative side. pBills, all you have to do is realize that it could have easily been you aborted if the conditions made it a convenience. When I think of this issue thats the perspective I take.

Dear lord. Let me ask you this... even if the number of women who were raped requesting an abortion is 1. Does that mean she should forced to carry that baby? Why is that decision not hers?

For the record as well, I personally do not believe in abortion. However, I also believe these women have the right to choose... it's their body. That being said, I do not believe in late term abortions. There is a small window in the beginning of a pregnancy where it should be allowed.

But it IS necessary to be against Obamacare if your argument against the Texas law is that it begins a slide down a slippery slope.

Try to keep up. Just because you keep telling yourself you think you understand the discussion doesn't mean that it's true.

You're giving him too much credit. He's not even giving a slippery slope argument. His stance is the logical equivalent of saying if you oppose the welfare state you must also oppose the police force to maintain consistency. I gave up a while back.

Nothing needed to be fixed. It is a right to choose. Depending on individual beliefs is when a "life" begins. You may think it's cowardice or whatever but you still don't have the right to tell someone else what to do with their body.

I stated this years ago. The fetus is a unique living human being. The fertilized egg carries out the seven conditions needed to consider something living (in the front of any basic bio textbook). It has unique human DNA, a combination of half of the mother's and half of the father's genes. The only exception are identical twins , which result from the same fertilized egg. The slight differences between the identical twins are from the environment, in-utero and after birth.

No religion involved in this definition.

Dear lord. Let me ask you this... even if the number of women who were raped requesting an abortion is 1. Does that mean she should forced to carry that baby? Why is that decision not hers?

For the record as well, I personally do not believe in abortion. However, I also believe these women have the right to choose... it's their body. That being said, I do not believe in late term abortions. There is a small window in the beginning of a pregnancy where it should be allowed.

No offense P, but if I was one who believed in using the ignore button, this post would definitely qualify.

Edited by Rob's House