Vote! Dumb beer marketing gimmicks

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite dumb American beer marketing gimmick category?

• POURS INTO YOUR MOUTH FASTER. (Cans with extra large opening and special ventilation grooves or bottles with swirly technology in the neck to make the beer shoot out in a hillbilly vortex of inebriation.)
    • VISUAL CONFIRMATION OF COLDNESS. (The label turns color to indicate the exact temperature at which you can feel adequately prepared to rock.)
    • MAXIMUM REFRESHMENT TO CARB RATIO. (Sure it?s pretty much just beer-scented steam, but it?s cold and it won?t make you fart a lot.)
    • THE SCRATCH YOUR NAME ON THE LABEL WITH A COIN THING. (The chicks go nuts for this one.)

I can't believe all the money these domestic beer companies spend on this kind of crap, not to mention the mostly awful ad campaigns that go with them...just make some damn beer that tastes good, and you will have me...until then, beer snobbery for me!

the triple hopping campaign they had....triple hopping beer is pretty standard practice for the vast majority of beers...boiling hops, flavoring hops and aroma hops.....

perhaps you need to loosen your grip..... :devil:

How about finding ways to KEEP the beer cold. I can't stand warm beer. I have to drink it w/i 5 mins or else it's too warm. :blush:

HAHAHA Great concept and poll Gringo.

I voted for the "Pours Into Mouth Faster" concept because it's the dumbest.

The other gimmicks at least work as advertised (even though they are unnecessary). The Cold Label does tell you if the beer is cold. The Low Carb beer is indeed lower in carbs. You can scratch something into the label as they show you.

But a swirly neck, or extra little vent, isnt increasing your intake any. No one has ever said "I wish I could drink more beer, but its SO HARD to pour it from this can!!!"

HAHAHA Great concept and poll Gringo.

I voted for the "Pours Into Mouth Faster" concept because it's the dumbest.

The other gimmicks at least work as advertised (even though they are unnecessary). The Cold Label does tell you if the beer is cold. The Low Carb beer is indeed lower in carbs. You can scratch something into the label as they show you.

But a swirly neck, or extra little vent, isnt increasing your intake any. No one has ever said "I wish I could drink more beer, but its SO HARD to pour it from this can!!!"

Indeed this is a weak generation. Is the invention of "torpedoing a can" [punching a hole in the bottom to guzzle it faster] a lost art?

Indeed this is a weak generation. Is the invention of "torpedoing a can" [punching a hole in the bottom to guzzle it faster] a lost art?

HAHA nailed it! I almost closed that post with "If you need it faster, man-up and shotgun the thing". :thumbsup:

How about finding ways to KEEP the beer cold. I can't stand warm beer. I have to drink it w/i 5 mins or else it's too warm. :blush:

That's because you're not drinking good beer. ;)

When Beer is cold, it suppresses the taste of it. That's a good thing for the little amount of flavor that's in beers like american lagers, but it can be a huge detriment to some styles of beer.

HAHA nailed it! I almost closed that post with "If you need it faster, man-up and shotgun the thing". :thumbsup:

:lol:

I've always had this fantasy about making my own low rent version James Bond movie, where I step up to the bar and place my signature drink order of a Pabst Blue Ribbon, "shotgunned, not stirred." Maybe that's the title of the movie too--I don't know yet. I'll have to talk to my people and get back to you.

That's because you're not drinking good beer. ;)

When Beer is cold, it suppresses the taste of it. That's a good thing for the little amount of flavor that's in beers like american lagers, but it can be a huge detriment to some styles of beer.

My grandfather would warm his beer in the oven!